Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

An Important Topic @ OldUnreal Regarding... Stuff

For discussion about UnrealSP.org itself.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Raven
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009, 13:40

I must agree with .:..: and Smirftsch - 277 is far more then 'stability improvements' it really brings UEngine to a whole new level. With tons of truly useful stuff. 227 development took many long years (and wasn't as easy as recompiling the sources). Besides it's also home of OMP so please do not judge whole site/forums/community.

I also have to agree with kaka - that thread titled "UT Idiots" is very insulting (at least for me). I wouldn't expect good discussion with UT players in thread named like that.

EOT please.
Madness, as you know, is like gravity…all it takes is a little push!
http://turniej.unreal.pl/portfolio

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009, 13:54

Smirftsch wrote:omg, what a bunch of crap.
If you don't like OU or 227 don't use it. You folks wasted already more breath for crying out loud shit and how much you dislike this all that a normal person should be already choked on that.
Those who like it can take advantage of it and we realized way more than any other project out there including UTPG and nobody asks you to play it or even have a look at it.
But you are so pathetic that you are not even able to have a look at what you are "judging" here and that about a game which is the origin of Unreal Singleplay, on a page that is for Unreal Singleplay.
Hellscrag, of what use is this here?

I don't think the view that Pcube attributes to UT players represents the view of the majority here. Most of us, I'm sure, welcome any improvements that enhance the Unreal single player experience, whether that be via Unreal or UT. Unfortunately Pcube started a thread here in an attempt to drag us into responding to his tirade over at OldUnreal against players / mappers who continue to use UT as their main platform - the adverse reactions that you see here being a result of Pcube's actions, not a reaction to the "principle" of playing Unreal via its original platform or via 227.

Since when has there been a rift between our two sites anyway? I always thought we were allies. Have users who have been banned here or otherwise left this site been telling you stories?
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Creavion
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009, 14:10

Ok then maybe not 227 but the intention to start this thread here.. well for me it is like:
"UT is an evil killer game, everbody who plays it is a killer".
If you prefer Unreal .. ok, I want to keep mapping for UT.
Here of course it was "Come on, plz agree with me that Unreal is better (with the improvments of the patch?) than UT for SP".
I have no problems that UT needs Oldskool for playing SP maps from the menu. I mean you see how many mods were developed: ONP, 7B, etc.
I also think, it looks clearly arranged from the menu. I did not play Unreal enough to see if it offers something like that. (the selection screen with the sp mappacks and so).
I also agree with Hellscrag who said the following a longer time ago (correct me if I am wrong), he would prefer UT, since it is handy, default gametypes and sp through oldskool. I guess something like that. I guess the reason was that the page should be renamed to UTsp.org, since "we" "all" would only use UT as base for sp mapping and gaming.

I have NOTHING against 227. Its nice to see, how it improves the old Engine. I am just sad that those upgrades are never possible for UT, since I am also a multiplayer mapper, like my latest release with sp and MH (plz do not come now with Unreal DM, PLZ NOT)
>:E
--------------------------------------------------
Waffnuffly wrote:Holy shit a HOUSE-SIZED BOX

--------------------------------------------------
>:E

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009, 14:25

This isn't, and never has been, "UTSP.org". We have always supported any mapping projects that have come to us, whether they be for Unreal or UT. It just so happened, however, that Unreal projects were in the minority for a long time - because, for a long time, UT with Oldskool was the better platform for Single Player mapping projects, with better renderers, better netcode, a broader range of stock content and better editing tools (at least in my opinion); and Single Player mapping in general benefited in execution and innovation, although perhaps not in quantity, from the energy existing in the UT community in the early days (again, in my opinion).

The fact that Unreal may now be the better development platform than UT and is experiencing a renaissance is great. However, one shouldn't criticise on that basis Single Player developers who choose to continue to use UT as their platform, either because it's what they know or because they are wary of a fanmade patch (however good it may be). One should also remember that the development many of the really big UT single player projects dates back to a period of time before Unreal (by means of 227 - one really can't separate 227 from this argument) overtook UT & Oldskool in stability and features, hence it is logical that they would still be using UT as their platform.

For my part, I have nothing against Unreal or 227, and I will try 227 as and when a project is released that makes the most of its innovative features. Until then, I am happy to use my installs of UT 436 and RtNP 226b (whichever is most appropriate to the situation) for my Unreal single player gaming. For mapping, though, as a Single Player mapper who is definitely at the tail end of my mapping career, I will probably continue to use "what I know" - UT 436.

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Subject: Re: An Important Topic @ OldUnreal Regarding... Stuff

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009, 14:31

From Oldunreal thread:

Pcube wrote:Anyways, my post on UnrealSP was for laughs. I do not care, and will continue not to care, what your opinion, or that of anyone at UnrealSP, is, so continue until jaw drops off for all I care.

There's the answer for anyone still not sure if this is a troll.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009, 15:05

Hellscrag wrote:This isn't, and never has been, "UTSP.org". We have always supported any mapping projects that have come to us, whether they be for Unreal or UT.

And there's really a great, classic-style one http://www.unrealsp.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1279
ImageImage

User avatar Pcube
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009, 15:10

My initial post was definitely quite crazed, and I apologize for that. Most of my information came second-hand from "Klingon Dante" and "Jack Rabbit", and I used to know a lot of people from the UT community who were quite critical of Unreal players. Hellscrag has shown me that my initial claims were not entirely correct, and I rescind my generalizations. Perhaps I have been misinformed, but I do believe that this discussion is going nowhere.

I'd say this horse is definitely beat to a bloody pulp, and ground into cheap dog food, consequently being fed to Dante's dog. Requesting topic lock & permaban.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009, 15:22

Cheers Pcube. No ban necessary.

Previous