Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

Discussion: Coop reviews

For discussion about UnrealSP.org itself.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Mar 2010, 23:18

jackrabbit wrote:
Hellscrag wrote:This is only a discussion thread. No decision has been made yet.

A bit confused about this decision making process. Do you mean make the decision whether or not to have a public co-op session with the potential for a full server, or the decision whether to have the session at all?

All I mean is that we're still thinking in general terms about how coop reviews might work, and who might do them... that's why the thread was entitled "Discussion"... so it seems a bit premature to be arranging a formal reviewing session. There's nothing to stop us having a general coop game at any time, though.
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010, 00:12

Would it be good to include how well a level defends good players against spam or nuisance players. Secondary hallways, obstacles that can't be interrupted or delayed, and hallways where one might stand in the way of players, blocking them from continuing the level. Things of that nature. During a Coop session, one person could demonstrate any interruptions and reviewers could take note of as many possible issues with bad players throughout the map that other players and the reviewers themselves can find during a normal playthrough of the maps in question. This gives hosts a good idea of which maps are "safe", where certain maps might be better for those who wish for a clean run for their clients without an excessive amount of kicking and banning.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010, 18:58

jetv435 wrote:Would it be good to include how well a level defends good players against spam or nuisance players. Secondary hallways, obstacles that can't be interrupted or delayed, and hallways where one might stand in the way of players, blocking them from continuing the level. Things of that nature. During a Coop session, one person could demonstrate any interruptions and reviewers could take note of as many possible issues with bad players throughout the map that other players and the reviewers themselves can find during a normal playthrough of the maps in question. This gives hosts a good idea of which maps are "safe", where certain maps might be better for those who wish for a clean run for their clients without an excessive amount of kicking and banning.

All good thoughts, which hadn't occurred to me as I don't play coop regularly. The "Coop Layout" part of the notional schema could cover that quite well, I think.

Life is what you make of it.

Previous