This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

[split] Leo(T.C.K.) banned?

For discussion about UnrealSP.org itself.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar integration
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: [split] Leo(T.C.K.) banned?

Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011, 18:37

Leo(T.C.K.) @BeyondUnreal wrote:I would maybe apply for the contest this time, if I wasn't banned.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: Re: Contest Sign-Up (Entrants, Judges)

Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011, 19:01

Well imagine that; it's almost like being banned from a community for being completely insufferable precludes participation in certain community activities!

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011, 19:15

Too bad though. He went amazingly fine with the 20 Brush contest.
ImageImage

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011, 21:01

couldn't someone just communicate via email with him to get his contest file before the end of the 6 weeks? I don't see why being banned from the forum should exclude someones talent as a mapper. Certain people don't communicate well but are still good artists......

banned from a community for being completely insufferable precludes participation in certain community activities!

It doesn't have to be that way..........

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011, 21:19

It would be pretty awkward if it was impossible to directly reply to comments and update news on the entry etc.
However, it is a bit of a shame to see a mapper wasted (even though Leo has had plenty of chances).

Especially if lots of people don't end up finishing the contest again. :/

User avatar integration

Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011, 21:36

For example one could reactivate Leos account, but give him the restriction not to post beyond his contest thread. And if he conforms to the rules, then ... we will see. I mean, everybody deserves a 4th chance. :) But seriously folks, I can understand, why he was banned for the first time - and using another account wasn't OK either - but this was ages ago. People can change. And we need every participant. Or I fear there will be less finished contributions than in the 8th year contest.

User avatar StalwartUK

Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011, 21:51

Yeah why was he banned in the first place? I searched his posts a while back but nothing too odd that would merit a ban, at least to me.
StalwartUK

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011, 21:57

StalwartUK wrote:Yeah why was he banned in the first place? I searched his posts a while back but nothing too odd that would merit a ban, at least to me.

Because he was already banned before; then he was un-banned to clarify the whole Unreal PSX thing to Delacroix (and his project is still ACTIVE). He was re-banned again (as much of Leo's surprise because he wasn't expecting it) because he clarified the thing so his mission was over.
ImageImage

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011, 23:12

Guys, trust me when I say I had ample reasons to re-establish Leo's ban. It has to do with the fact that he was perma-banned before and that I decided to let him back on the forums so that he can solve misunderstandings regarding his Unreal PSX project. However I connected this un-ban with very strict conditions on his behavior, warning him that the slightest misconduct will have him banned again. While he wasn't banned for a specific post, I'd say that he made himself notable on several occasions (mostly flamewars involving 227) which, in my eyes, met the conditions we set.

Anyway, I'd rather not have this discussed in the middle of the sign-up thread. :) I'm going to delete or move the related posts soon, but for now I'll leave this here to inform those who might be confused about the situation. I've discussed it with a lot of people already, and I'm still not going to unban him, but if you really feel the need to discuss this one out, please contact me in the chat.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject: Re: [split] Leo(T.C.K.) banned?

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 04:18

lol, keep him banned, demand his contest entry, if he wins the comp unban him, if he loses make any acknowledgement of his existence by a USP forumer a ban-worthy offence :P
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 20:53

sana wrote:...
but if you really feel the need to discuss this one out, please contact me in the chat.

Which chat is that? The Chat linked to above (left of FAQ) hasn't worked for me since a couple of weeks (perhaps months).

User avatar integration

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 21:29

So I have learnt, that Leos account won't be reactivated in 2011. Was this also an official statement, that he is excluded from the contest?

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 21:44

salsaSkaarj wrote:
sana wrote:...
but if you really feel the need to discuss this one out, please contact me in the chat.

Which chat is that? The Chat linked to above (left of FAQ) hasn't worked for me since a couple of weeks (perhaps months).

The chat takes you to a mibbit IRC application now which should auto-connect to irc.synirc.org and #unrealsp - but if not, use an IRC client and connect to it that way

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 21:49

Waffnuffly wrote:...The chat takes you to a mibbit IRC application now which should auto-connect to irc.synirc.org and #unrealsp - but if not, use an IRC client and connect to it that way

hmm? Does this imply that I need an IRC account, previously on Unrealsp.org I was signed in to the chat automatically?

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 21:56

Use a IRC Client or use Mibbit.
ImageImage

Next