This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

Red Nemesis Public Temporarily Closed

For discussion about UnrealSP.org itself.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject: Re: Red Nemesis Public Temporarily Closed

Post Posted: 11 Aug 2012, 04:37

Not exactly sure yet on how many Episodes. Three for sure. But I can easily see it being more. What I'd like to do is wedge smaller releases in there between larger ones, things like single level releases where we unveil some custom content along with some DM levels. All episodes will feature supplemental media, like always.

User avatar AndryxaXP
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012, 08:26

turns out we'll see ''to be continued ?,, :) :P

Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012, 19:14

Not really what I'm thinking. Each episode will be its own story at a certain point in an ongoing timeline. I don't like to bring players to an endpoint and then drop a "to be continued!" kinda deal.

User avatar AndryxaXP

Post Posted: 25 Aug 2012, 20:33

RD to be multiple endings?

SP2000
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 16 Sep 2012, 08:06

You mentioned that beta tests would start soon back in July. What's been going on since then

Really looking forward to playing the first episode. I would put in money into a kickstarter if it existed.

Post Posted: 16 Sep 2012, 19:28

It seems that for me when it rains it pours. All kinds of nasty news this last month and a half. As such, I haven't had as much time to work on Episode 1 as I would have liked since my previous news dump, but a raw version of the first level has been at least handed off for testing and I should have another revision out for retesting based on initial reactions in a day or two. At the moment only a select few individuals have been contacted, so if you haven't received a message than don't ask me about it. I'm currently only showing this stuff to specific people for specific reasons. I won't consider any of this stuff a full fledged beta until I have the full campaign testable in one sitting (in which time I plan to enact the Seven Bullets Speedrun Challenge winner's prize to MMAN and offer him first dibs at legit beta testing, if he's able). There will be no thread made for it until a public download link is ready. We're gunning for full dual platform functionality on both Unreal and UT, but at the moment I'm not sure which versions of Unreal will be able to play it.

That's all I got for now.

SP2000
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012, 09:04

Sorry to hear that. I understand that a project that has been in development for over 7 years now would always run into difficulties like this, especially one as ambitious as Residual Decay. Seven Bullets still stands as the finest piece of single player content ever created for the Unreal universe, or any other game for that matter, and I'm really looking forward to another release from you since then. Nothing in the 8 years since it's release has really filled that gap.

Regardless, it's really good to see you active in the community and posting updates. Far too many projects in the Unreal community have been put "on hold" only for their creators to disappear and effectively cancel the project without ever saying it explicitly. In fact, it seems that's the case with the overwhelming majority of mods for all games. I think only about 30% of the mods on moddb since 2002 have ever actually been released, with their creators either disappearing or being plagued with infinite feature creep. I hope you'll be able to pull through and release the first episode in 2013 or 2014.

Post Posted: 17 Sep 2012, 13:54

Well, I just hope it's worth the wait :o I know the maps are my personal best but you never know how much player tastes can change over time.

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012, 08:30

I kinda think the reason for people disappearing and no official word of a project not done.Is that they themselves don't want to admit to themselves that it is not going to get done.So that 30% could still get to 75% some day, LoL.

I refuse to quit on this one MH map, and is getting close to done even though I never quit, it will be done.Thing is, there is so much to do and testing so it has to get done in stages.It's not so much the map will look really good, but it will function the way i want.

I view waiting as ,it's still being worked on (all projects), say the glass is half full.This stuff ain't that easy, still fun game though, it really is.

(now hurry up Proph damn it !, kidding, take your time)
Just ban everyone

User avatar Raven
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012, 10:05

It's more because priorities changes with time :)
Madness, as you know, is like gravity…all it takes is a little push!
http://turniej.unreal.pl/portfolio

User avatar AndryxaXP

Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012, 17:40

this is my most anticipated mod. I look forward to when will the beta ....

Previous