Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

Multiplayer MATTERS.

For discussion about UnrealSP.org itself.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Multiplayer MATTERS.

Post Posted: 28 Jan 2012, 23:02

Hi, I have been lurking around from time to time on my limited droid phone connection and check up on the forums every now and then to see what's going on. I had a talk with some Unreal friends of mine not long ago about enhancing the Multiplayer Matters section on this site.

What I'm asking is to give more moderation to that section in particular and leave room in threads for added enhancements to retrieve specific server statistics from UT Coop servers and Unreal 1 coop servers alike. I think a sticky thread with a built in calender of events should be brought up as well for people to plan mutiplayer sessions in advance. For example:

Waffnuffly releases the latest EXU patch which has many online enhancements. The Multiplayer Matter's sections sticky calender thread has a date and time where there will be some multiplayer online EXU session to test out the new features.

Just something to consider to enhance Unreal and UT's online community.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject: Re: Multiplayer MATTERS.

Post Posted: 29 Jan 2012, 01:13

This idea requires quite a bit of organization for something that is a secondary aspect to the site (since, as the name implies, UnrealSP is mainly about Unreal single-player).

Organizing online sessions should be a responsibility of server admins, not website moderators. If events as the one you described are planned, server hosts are free to advertise them in the Multiplayer Matters forums (examples including Dots' recent Nali Chronicles online test, an event hosted by Delacroix's clan etc.)
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012, 15:43

Interesting point which brings me to the question I have long wanted to ask (but was afraid to :wink: ).

What about the typical Multiplay maps (among which the Monsterhunt maps), which can be played as SP (MH gametype, 0 bots, without mods). Up to now I cluttered everything in 1 topic, yet some of those maps have enough value as single-playable maps that a separate topic (e.g. in the Gameplay forum) is defendable. But I would prefer a separate forum where each maps has it's own topic.

Any other opinions? pro or con?

User avatar Delacroix
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012, 20:04

'Delacroix's clan'? I am in no clan currently, I've stated it explicitly that I am no longer part of RUFX.

However, if a member of the site staff were to provide a server for a coop event of sorts, this IMO deserves a forum-wide announcement.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.