UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

New map review suggestion box

For discussion about UnrealSP.org itself.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

bob
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: New map review suggestion box

Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012, 22:01

There is actualy a 3rd party 225 version available and nothing major was changed.
If anyone id interested or mabye runs a older server version.
http://69.90.34.150/unreal/coop_maps/Wanderer%20225.zip

There isnt nearly enough new maps posted here by users,
I guess i will have to find some time and post some of the good one i have found so they can get more exposure.

edit: edit edit yeah ...... it was edited to be nicer.
Last edited by bob on 09 Sep 2012, 00:24, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012, 22:21

bob wrote:
Rarsonic wrote: (227 only, I think)

Bwwwk 227 "people" LOL
Anyway thanks to Leela there is a 225 version, No thank to the lazy auther , nothing major was changed.

So the author is lazy because he made it with 227? :?

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012, 22:56

bob wrote:
Rarsonic wrote: (227 only, I think)

Bwwwk 227 "people" LOL
Anyway thanks to Leela there is a 225 version, No thank to the lazy auther , nothing major was changed.
http://69.90.34.150/unreal/coop_maps/Wanderer%20225.zip

also kinda sad that many maps are never mentioned here (Ingoring reviews , just simply new map annoncements dont exist), I know mabye 200+ ' new' maps released in last 10 months your guys here have never even heard of ( some are not worth a review , but definitily worth a look), Because there not posted here.This isnt the only unreal site on the web...

You are very welcome to give us information on new releases outside of UnrealSP (like Rarsonic just did with Wanderer of Na Pali). I am a single person maintaining UnrealSP's news page, but I have very little time to spend on Unreal these days, which is why I can rarely bring my attention to new releases. Since you are more up-to-date in these matters, you could help expand our horizons rather than what you are doing now. ;)

As for the 227 remark... "people" in inverted commas? Really? Do you even realize what kind of immature disrespect you're giving people for little reason?
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

bob
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 08 Sep 2012, 23:28

As for submiting maps i guess i could. problem is There not mine to submit. if the owner publishes them ( on a website) but chosses to not post them on some forums ( even if they have a account there) it could become somehow problematic, for instance if i post them here and somone assumes they are mine etc.. it not worth fighting over people about

well im sorry if i disrespected anyone , some users here/there , care not about everyone/ every version , and dont check things first or even try at all , they just make stuff and at last minute hope it mabye works..

since teridex asked:

In this case he was asked 4 days before release if it would be compatible , and he said he would check , but since the maps were never even level converted , it shows that he didnt even put in the effort he suggested (Mabye he lacked a older version to test?)... and then there was the whole load of missing files he didnt include becuase it was built on a new version that includes many files the old version didnt (even 226 was unable to load in some cases) , and subsequently never updated his download, including files that cause crashes due to incompatible name references and also objects that cuased certein renderers to crash some clients .. it would have taken 10 minutes to do it right...

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012, 18:34

mediafire=Virus, in my opinion.
Last edited by redeye on 25 Oct 2013, 18:46, edited 2 times in total.
Just ban everyone

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012, 18:39

Mediafire is good, filefront and fileplanet links need to be erased.
ImageImage

User avatar Delacroix
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012, 18:41

My dropbox has enough space for all of you, eventually I can make more dropboxes. Just link ALL the files that are supposed to go in there and they will. Awaiting the FULL list in one post.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012, 18:54

seems that dropbox, don't have me jumping through hoops (yet)
Last edited by redeye on 25 Oct 2013, 18:47, edited 2 times in total.
Just ban everyone

User avatar Delacroix
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012, 18:55

That's why I'm sayin: gimme all the links I'm to use and my dropbox is all yours, guys.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

bob
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 24 Dec 2012, 21:22

mediafire isnt bad , i dont know all this problems you speak of becuase i use adblock lol
Dropbox is my favorite , but isnt the end all tho, you limited to 10gb downloads a day , so dont get to popular with large files of you will get suspended..

if anyone got the free 50gb box.net deal a while back , that not to bad either its similar to dropbox now that they made the desktop client free for basic users.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2012, 02:59

yeah i actually really like mediafire. supports download accelerators no problem. Absolutely love downloading at 2 megs a second while everyone else crawls along at the standard 54kb cap.

I haven't had any problems with them
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2012, 05:35

NO mediafire=virus, is there some reason people can't use skydrive
Last edited by redeye on 25 Oct 2013, 18:48, edited 1 time in total.
Just ban everyone

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2012, 06:31

redeye wrote:NO mediafire=virus,

Mediafire is perfectly fine. If the ads they serve bother you, install Adblock Plus and NoScript. I haven't seen a single ad there (or pretty much anywhere else) because of those addons.

Fun fact: many viruses these days are actually delivered through infected banner ads, so you can get a virus without using Adblock pretty much anywhere you see ads, as it's almost impossible for individual websites to police what specific ads show up. If they get their ads through an ad agency, which often goes through another ad agency, which goes through YET ANOTHER ad agency, you wind up at the point that an innocent website has indirectly wound up serving malicious code in its advertisements by proxy. Adblock solves that problem for the end user by straight-up eliminating ads. Which is also nice for other obvious reasons, like getting rid of FUCKING ANNOYING ADS (which is all of them). I can't recommend it enough.

Many more viruses are delivered via security holes in outdated/unpatched software or through zero-day exploits. The best way to avoid these is to keep your OS, browser, AV software, and plugins like Flash and Java up to date at all times.

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2012, 22:03

Too far off topic here
Last edited by redeye on 25 Oct 2013, 18:49, edited 1 time in total.
Just ban everyone

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2012, 22:53

lol, take two Aspirins. That describes 90% of IT security work :lol:

Yeah it's cool, just saying that the website itself probably isn't to blame, but the selection of ads is probably bad. And IE8 isn't exactly the paragon of security.

Previous Next