A random sentence for a random mind.

Development Screenies

For public discussion of "Unreal: Battle for Na Pali" and "Déjà Vu - Gryphon Revisited".

Moderators: Frieza, Mister_Prophet, Hellscrag

User avatar zbreaker
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 Dec 2008, 02:42

It would be a shame if nothing of all the leet work put into BfNP was ever released.....
Old as Dirt

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 Dec 2008, 12:26

zbreaker wrote:It would be a shame if nothing of all the leet work put into BfNP was ever released.....

At the very worst, we have enough material (with some extra work) for a Deja Vu II. :P
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 Dec 2008, 18:30

The story for BFNP was very good, and it's the kind of plot that can be done in fewer maps if need be.

User avatar NaliSlayer
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010, 15:58

any developing for this mod? last post was from 2008,did u guys really stop working on it or just temporal put a hold on it,it would be a shame if maps of such a quality never would get released

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010, 19:31

The status of this mod remains exactly as we stated back in 2008. The mod is on hold, i.e. no work is being done on it.

Assuming that any of us are still around after RD is released, however, then something will be released, even if it's - worst-case scenario - just a compilation of the work completed to date.

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010, 22:30

I could help, a bit. If that's what you're planning to do I guess adding anything else could help, assuming I'm just as new to this as I think I am. Prophet thinks I'm good enough to surpass Morene, but I can't recall if he said by how much. I feel I'm a bit better than I was then, but only by a bit. I'll help then if you want me to.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010, 22:38

Jet, you can definitely produce better quality maps. You just need to keep making them. Do what I did when I started; look at other people's maps and try to replicate things they did in private, and once you get that knowledge you can start producing your own stuff.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010, 22:45

jet, it's always worth cultivating your skills as a mapper. If you're still around when and if we restart work on BfNP, we may be able to use you. There's not much point in trying to help BfNP out now, as you'd quickly get tired of working in a vacuum.

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010, 23:36

For one thing, yeah, I don't plan to stop. I'll most likely be around then and if you resume. I've got lots of time on my hands and I'll probably have about the amount of time you have on your hands when things aren't busy in a few years.

@Mister Prophet: I actually tried something like that at the beginning of 2009 and late 2008 with some of the Jones maps when I first got UT, that's why I was asking you about the rotated brush decorative bsp in maps like the converted ISV Kran.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject:

Post Posted: 05 Jan 2010, 23:42

heheh, I saw this forum had new posts and was like :D BNFP back on track?!

I still believe there will be enough interest after RD is released. (as long as that doesn't take 5 more years and even then...)
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar NaliSlayer
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject:

Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010, 15:38

TheIronKnuckle wrote:heheh, I saw this forum had new posts and was like :D BNFP back on track?!

I still believe there will be enough interest after RD is released. (as long as that doesn't take 5 more years and even then...)

5 more years? :( no i know its a joke,and still BFNP has great potential,after everybody played firestorm,RD,TCO everyone wants new projects (i know firestorm,RD,TCO are great projects but no projects last forever)

Previous