Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

18/02/2008 - "Entry to the Fire God..." by DavidM

Each week a single map is discussed here in detail.

Moderators: Semfry, Sat42, Jigoku, UB_

User avatar Jethro
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Feb 2008, 00:16

redeye wrote:And the screenshots are once agian rediculasly too dark.

I'm sorry to hear that, they look just fine on my screen so I though they're ok. I was unable to see anything on screenshots posted on this forums when I got brightness set on my monitor to a low value, but now everything looks just fine.

redeye wrote:Waaaay to hypercritical, the flat stones are there so people can see the cave exit easier.And they arn't to thick, they were placed by strong people (monsters) who needed a walkway.

:lol: Good point, although I'm not quite sure how those "monsters" were able to leave this cave through such little entrance.

redeye wrote:This map shouldn't be judged by itself, the next section I consider the same map, better to not make huge files and they probably had some issue mapping, not anything to do with fitting it into a perfectly perfect perfect story.

I agree here with Hellscrag, this IS separate map and thou it SHOULD be judged by itself.

redeye wrote:I liked this whole ONP I give this-these maps a 8 out of 10.

Of course I do respect your opinion, but once again Hellscrag got a point here, if we are such generous in giving marks we don't have much possibilities to rate better maps (yes, there are better maps than this one :P)
UBerserker wrote:Story: totally guessed that Skeletor was the thief.

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject:

Post Posted: 21 Feb 2008, 22:59

The last maps screenies are al perfecto.NMAN has it right.

But sure it is "A map" but all it is for is an introduction for the next map, getting you ready that more puzzles are comming, is all it is.

So it to me is an intro to the next round.
The cave, is so blan and empty and boring, nothing to do in thier for all the trouble building it. Wow just a place you enter the map aint doing anything for it at all.

Seems like overseas mappers are just as dry like in "dry humor", you go through all this stuff to make an interesting area, no secrets, no effects-traps but cool nooks and cranys.
In gaming everybody knows that a wierd standoffish place has somthing up it's sleeve, but no,....dry mapping, to seriuos, no fun and grins.

Blowing it off as just another everyday mover sequence is not a humdrum deal, and is a hell of a lot more cooler than just another look at me area, hence 8 out of 10.
Yes it may be high and yes it does blow the scoring around, but judging on it's OWN merit and nothing else to do in it, it gets a higher score because of that.
The level is so short it really can't be rated without the next, to be fair.

LoL just noticed but this is what I been saying the map name says it itself

Entry to the Fire God Temple
Just ban everyone

Previous