UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

21/01/2013 - "Edge of Na Pali" by Nivlek

Each week a single map is discussed here in detail.

Moderators: Semfry, Sat42, Jigoku, UB_

Maxer 64
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: 21/01/2013 - "Edge of Na Pali" by Nivlek

Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013, 01:47

integration wrote:This walkthrough was recorded by Maxer 64 exclusive for MOTW.

Finally someone noticed!
Waffnuffly wrote:Funny how he ran away from the Predators instead of killing them. Coward! :D

All Rights Reserved wrote:Even though Maxer 64 is my friend I have to laugh at him. XDXDXD And for the thing in my sig. HAHA!

Ok, I wanted to finish the recording quickly, plus I usually use explosive or weapons with splash damage to deal with predators.
Plus, fact: believe it or not, that video took 1 month to upload that, it didn't even start as a MOTW video at first.
If you see this, I was a really dumb and stupid kid. Don't listen to the above.

User avatar Turboman

Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013, 21:25

Very enjoyable map, i've always felt it was some sort of "reference" to nyleve, with the large canyon and the waterfalls, plus there's even a crashed ship on a cliff :lol:
Overall i did not find it as memorable as nyleve, but it's a good start. I'd only say maybe it's a bit devoid of life (i only recall empty nali huts and lots of brutes).

User avatar integration

Post Posted: 24 Jan 2013, 21:48

Maxer 64 wrote:Plus, fact: believe it or not, that video took 1 month to upload that, it didn't even start as a MOTW video at first.

You don't mean record, right? I always recode my videos before I upload them. I use Avidemux. It's really easy to use and has all important codecs preinstalled. Just drop the file over Avidemux, then set video to MPEG-4 ASV XVID (and set quality to 3 under configure for better quality), audio to MP3 LAME (and set bitrate to 320 under configure for better quality), then click on save video, done. Recoding a 10 minute video shouldn't take longer than a half hour & uploading to Youtube not longer than an hour.

BTW Don't charge your Dispersion Pistol to destroy boxes(except 5 boxes are next to each other). You can also use CARifle secondary fire while using its primary fire.

Previous