ividyon will never get this done, will he.

08/12/2014 - "Disposal" by JazzyB

Each week a single map is discussed here in detail.

Moderators: Semfry, Sat42, Jigoku, UB_

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: 08/12/2014 - "Disposal" by JazzyB

Post Posted: 08 Dec 2014, 16:50

Map Title: Disposal
Author: JazzyB
Filename: ONP-map08DisposalX.unr
Music Files: Crater.umx, SETI.umx, QueenSong.umx

Video Playthrough:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wv2xuk0WG4

Synopsis: The final section of the industrial complex is filled with slime and more Skaarj, alongside their technology and equipment.

Discuss!

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: 08/12/2014 - "Disposal" by JazzyB

Post Posted: 08 Dec 2014, 22:58

Note: this version is based on the one from the latest patch. Previous MOTW of this map was done a month before said patch was released.
ImageImage

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Subject: Re: 08/12/2014 - "Disposal" by JazzyB

Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014, 13:40

My old comments:

Mman wrote:This might be my second favourite Xenome map after Sour Water. The visuals pull off being in the most dilapidated depths of the complex, and there's a lot of interesting interlinking between the main areas; especially the large room with the road going through it. The progression provides various interactions with the environment too (especially with the sequence at the start of the next level). You also have enough equipment at this point that combat isn't too frustrating, and the big fight in the "hive" room provides a nice climax before the semi-unorthodox final map.

It's unfortunate the hive stuff got removed for some reason in the new version (Uberserkers IRC guess of it being due to AI reasons seems most likely), as it added a lot to the end, plus you can still see some of it cut off in the corridors around that room.

Given the recent discussion about DecayedS stuff I think this is a level that makes good use of it to portray a decaying facility and manages to mix it with other themes.
Formerly Mman