This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

22/12/2014 - "Starship Neriux" by Cardiologist

Each week a single map is discussed here in detail.

Moderators: Semfry, Sat42, Jigoku, UB_

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Subject: 22/12/2014 - "Starship Neriux" by Cardiologist

Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014, 14:19

Map Title: Starship Neriux
Author: Cardiologist, Eenocks
Filename: ST-Neriux.unr
Music Files: Alone.umx, ride_t_hell

Video Playthrough:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBa6Q5PSNq4

Synopsis: You enter a Mercenary spaceship taken over by Krall.

Discuss!
Formerly Mman

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Subject: Re: 22/12/2014 - "Starship Neriux" by Cardiologist

Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014, 16:21

Just one of the central areas in Terraniux reconfigured into an arena/boss fight, it does the job but there's not much else to say about it, and I can't help feeling an original design would be better.
Formerly Mman

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 27 Dec 2014, 23:52

Given what I've seen so far, I'll say that this map has the best Krall-based boss ever. (No, UB, Tonatiuh doesn't really count, the latter is a god and I consider it to be a completely new pawn given how unique it is to experience fighting it :P )
Frankly, Skaarj Tower - The Fall of Seethe could have finished here since the map acts as a climax and the overarching story isn't brought to a conclusion anyway.
I remember playing through this the first time: the tension was palpable and after clearing the surroundings (and finally realising that this is, in fact, a redux of a central area of Terraniux), I confronted the boss - Seethe... and got my ass kicked several times. I made it, but I had to resort to saving in the middle of the fight so as to make reloading less painful. It was stressful! A hard level, for sure. (The hardest map of the pack, IMO.)
Another great map for what remains an awesome pack - just a shame it wasn't continued.
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 28 Dec 2014, 13:58

This map's gameplay owns. Too bad that Seethe sometimes screws up his appearance and kills himself in the process.
ImageImage

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014, 01:09

UBerserker wrote:Too bad that Seethe sometimes screws up his appearance and kills himself in the process.

:o That never happened to me! (thankfully)
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.