Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

08/08/2018 - "One Amongst Superiors" by UBerserker

Each week a single map is discussed here in detail.

Moderators: Semfry, Delacroix, Jigoku, Doublez-Down, UB_

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: 08/08/2018 - "One Amongst Superiors" by UBerserker

Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018, 23:30

Map Title: One Amongst Superiors
Author: UBerserker
Filename: EXU2-G59-11-Atropos.unr
Music Files: Iron sea, Reassembly, Atropos, Beyond the Surface.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG866SWHASQ

Synopsis: The climax against the strongest of the enemies ever faced.

Discuss!

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: 08/08/2018 - "One Amongst Superiors" by UBerserker

Post Posted: 08 Aug 2018, 23:32

TURN OFF PRECACHE SETTINGS THEY ACTUALLY MAKE THE FPS HORRIBLE.

Mind you that when a video will inevitably appear, it'll have serious story spoilers so you are warned.
One of the best things about this map is how you can just casually launch it, no need to summon anything at the start.
ImageImage

User avatar UTNerd24
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018, 12:45

I'd tell you why this map is incredible, But that would spoil it. Honestly, Just find out yourself. You wont be disappointed in the slightest.
Pls play Unreal

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018, 19:01

Video is live, includes the ending cutscene too. Thanks to Semfry, enjoy!
ImageImage

User avatar Semfry
Trustee Member Trustee Member

Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018, 23:06

A great final map for the set. It's a complete departure, but the previous map already gave a good climax to the "normal" G59 gameplay, so the shift works, and the new stuff you get is satisfying to use. The Drakk textures also work great and give an original flavour for the ending stretch (weird issues with certain graphics settings aside). The boss encounters are also good, although I only played on normal so I don't know how they change in the higher settings. Even outside the text issues with it the ending felt slightly abrupt given all the epic visuals and set-pieces throughout (including just before with that last Jrath moment), but I guess actually showing more of what is told in the ending would be extremely difficult. Too bad the settings performance issues hurt the playability a lot the first time I played this map, but at least there's a solution to it.
Formerly Mman

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018, 23:35

Semfry wrote:Even outside the text issues with it the ending felt slightly abrupt given all the epic visuals and set-pieces throughout (including just before with that last Jrath moment), but I guess actually showing more of what is told in the ending would be extremely difficult.

Originally I had in mind that after the exit point of Atropos, the player would be teleported into a vertical blue vortex and fall down in a sorta epic fashion with the King congratulating/cheering you for the victory and future. At the end of the vortex a white light around would glow and the map would end afterwards. Didn't bother because I didn't want to screw around with the geometry (it reached critical mass with the amount of nodes).
ImageImage