Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

04/08/2008 - "Gore Mine Crossing" by Heiko

Each week a single map is discussed here in detail.

Moderators: Semfry, Sat42, Jigoku, UB_

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008, 17:16

TheIronKnuckle wrote:Then there could be the "Rip off". Essentially it is doing what ONP did (Map from xidia being recycled). The map would take some old stock unreal map and give it a brief retexture. The map would then have the nerve to imply that it is located on mars and has no relation whatsoever to the planet na pali.

hmm... RtM anyone? :P

TheIronKnuckle wrote:Somewhere in there would be the "DM gone SP" map. Some map which is obviously designed for DM gets thrown in with a few skaarj and called an SP map.

In fact, stick an actual DM match in there for the sake of it.

hmm... reminds me of.. eh.. what was it called Re-loaded or something? People that modified RtNP to make it playable for Mac's and they threw a DM map in there, which was changed a little bit to make it SP-like.. (temple map)
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar Derdak2rot
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008, 19:35

Mister_Prophet wrote:So DM-Seed started as a SP? Interesting.

And I gotta agree with UB, I kind of like demo Gore's texture selection.

Iron Knuckle wrote: lol, i was unaware of any such rumors! I've just read comments that describe sp campaigns reusing dm levels. My post wasn't stating that it specifically occured in ONP.

You're thinking of Xidia. I think I may have been the only moron to try it, but I don't know if all those Project Zephon maps started as SP levels or if DerDak and other people ported Monsterhunt maps.

i did like you in xidia in outpost phoenix , re-using DM segments to fill up the SP sections :P
but the convertions to MH happened way later ..

never played the demo version of gore mine crossing , would be interesting to see some screens , if any :) .. i actually like that map and its lightning , only the terrain layout got a repetitive feeling , something less opened and flat ( kinda like edge of napali ) would have been better for gameplay and variety .. would have been more easy to light also . i think though some textures in ONP used on big surface would have been scaled higher to prevent lightning troubles with shadows and stuff .. i think it was do-able back in the days , 1024x1024 textures can be imported with no problem , the only downside would be the renderer used as some of them dont handle texture size higher than 256p ..

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008, 20:01

There's the video of GMN Demo on the first page of the thread.
ImageImage

User avatar Derdak2rot
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008, 20:03

d'oh :B thanks ;)

User avatar Creavion
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008, 20:41

Derdak2rot wrote:1024x1024 textures can be imported with no problem , the only downside would be the renderer used as some of them dont handle texture size higher than 256p ..

512 x 512 textures are in my maps already standard, sometimes I use 1024 pix textures, too, depends from the texture. I really dont care for those how use "I still use the old d3d" driver. Really not.
>:E
--------------------------------------------------
Waffnuffly wrote:Holy shit a HOUSE-SIZED BOX

--------------------------------------------------
>:E

Previous