Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

20/10/2008 - "Approaching UMS Prometheus" by Ma...

Each week a single map is discussed here in detail.

Moderators: Semfry, Sat42, Jigoku, UB_

User avatar -Visc-
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Oct 2008, 21:12

Just curious, where does this map end? I remember fighting the marines at the ramp which is also the entrance to the ship.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Oct 2008, 21:20

There are three "Crashsite" maps (Crashsite, Crashsite1 and Crashsite 2).

This is the first one: you just pass a small valley with Predators, a small village with the Prometheus view and a cave leading to Gasbags, Spinners and an elevator.
Use the elevator to finish the map.

Then there's the second: you enter one of the two UMS Prometheus' wings; fight a Giant Gasbag and lots of Mercenaries through your way. The map ends by entering a hole in the bloody Med Lab of the second wing of the ship.
This is the one with Morose.umx.

The last Prometheus map: you explore the second wing of the ship. No music, and Bloblets and Mercenaries to fight in cramped places. Some words from P849 who discovers the plan of the Marines.
Go on the top of the ship, fight the human bots, and finally enter the cave to access Spire Valley.
ImageImage

User avatar Bombadilian
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord
Location: STILL hanging around the back of the Rikers wreck, wondering what the hell that buzzing noise is.

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008, 09:55

A good map, although being the slow learner that I am, I've fallen victim to that deceiving cliff near the Prometheus on a couple of occasions. I saw the downed ship and I was off like a dog to a cat. I love the air of mystery that immediately surrounds the ship, also...no corpses or anything, just complete stillness - that is, until you run into the Mercs.

I always thought this was a Pancho map.
"If that bitch in Cell 4A keeps looking at me funny, I swear I'm going to rip out her larynx!"

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008, 13:03

UBerserker wrote:Now that you say it, Crashsite already appeared in the old forum.

Should have been Crashsite 1 or 2.

This is VERY strange. The data file for the MOTW randomiser indicates that neither crashsite1 nor crashsite2 have been chosen previously... so it's not a case of me or anybody else mixing up "crashsite" maps... I honestly have no idea how this one has come up twice, but as it's Thursday already I suggest that we continue discussing it until next week.
Life is what you make of it.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008, 17:11

This one is called Crashsite.

Crashsite1 (first part of Prometheus) and Crashsite2 (second part of Prometheus) never appeared in the MOTW, that's why they don't appear as being already chosen.
ImageImage

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008, 17:24

UBerserker wrote:This one is called Crashsite.

Crashsite1 (first part of Prometheus) and Crashsite2 (second part of Prometheus) never appeared in the MOTW, that's why they don't appear as being already chosen.

I knew all that (I hope you'll forgive me a :rolleyes:).

My point was that, had crashsite1 or crashsite2 appeared in my MOTW data file as "done", then I would know that I had, at some point, foolishly reported crashsite1 or crashsite2 as "crashsite" for whoever was doing the MOTW. However, since neither crashsite1 or crashsite2 appear in my MOTW data file as "done", that kind of error on my part obviously wasn't to blame - so I don't know how this map has managed to come up twice.

Life is what you make of it.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Oct 2008, 17:25

Ah, that's ok then.

Well, this map did a comeback in MOTW after all :P
ImageImage

Previous