This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

(Unofficial) Botpack in Unreal 227g

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject: Re: (Unofficial) Botpack in Unreal 227g

Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012, 18:49

Sure am glad the cavemen didn't protect the invention of fire, or the wheel.
14 year old game, the new UT's falling away, but WOOT protect botpack.

I don't see one reason why any of this should matter to epic or whoever.It's not the same a ripping off a logo, packaging a counterfeit and selling Unreal with "Botpack"

Hell even these prescription drugs have a patent time limit, why this is so ridiculously important now for epic makes no sense.

I talked ti id a long time ago on the phone, she said we couldn't even copy quake to other quake versions, so I guess they protect every file these companies ever made, stupid is what.

make the thing, and send it to epic for approval

And the main reason I get so friggen mad about this, is all the people who made maps, ran servers, and SP maps, textures, code, and they act like it is soooooo illegal to ruin their 14 year old file.
Just ban everyone

User avatar Dr.Flay
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012, 23:00

Thanks Bob.
It just dawned on be I copied the BotPack file from my minimal version for editing (based on the patched UT demo), and the only change was to move the branch.
Doh!
Thanks for reminding me how to dump the data with UCC (I'll add it as another right-click option).
Finding the classes is easy enough though. I find the time consuming bit is juggling where and what prefs to show.

As old Unreal mods do not use a "ModMenu" (is it now an available function?) I haven't tried adding anything there, as I'd need something to use it.

@ Redeye. I really don't see Epic being bothered about U1 resources being used in the only another U1 game of the same franchise, when to actually use it you even need UT anyway (same for Oldskool Amp'd).
They already did it with the all the Unreal resources in UT, so it just seems like good manners for the community to do it in reverse :D

bob
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012, 22:00

Thanks for the link gizzy to that brushbuilder ,
I just went to mess with it today , but it dosnt seem to show up in the brushes area ,
I think i am doing somthing wrong somhow , any tips?
files are installed in right place im sure , and i tried it with a few differt versions in 2 seperate games , 223 , 227i etc but i cant get it to appear. help?... im not familurer with custom brush builders...

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012, 22:51

Did you add the .u file name to the EditPackages? (or opened it in the Editor?)
ImageImage

bob
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 15 Dec 2012, 23:27

I opened it in the editor ,It did nothing.( but file opened without any errors)

edit fixed , i put in in editpackages and it works , guess it runtime only thanks again!

User avatar Gizzy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012, 16:31

bob wrote:I opened it in the editor ,It did nothing.( but file opened without any errors)

edit fixed , i put in in editpackages and it works , guess it runtime only thanks again!

Yeah brushbuilders only work when they're loaded at start (stock brushbuilders are in Engine.u and Engine.u is in EditPackages)

Have a look through my code if you want, BrushBuilders are a fun way (And the only way I know) of executing UScript inside the Editor although I'm not sure what else can be done. UCC can be used in a similar way, I made a commandlet a while back too that printed maps info to the command box (name, author, gametype, brush/light/actor count etc)

User avatar Gizzy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 17 Dec 2012, 19:07

Apologies for the double post, but I did manage to get botpack to load in 227i with a few code tweaks (CSWeapons227 + ctf-face x 150 bots = fun) but there seems to be a problem with voice taunts. They just don't work! I'm not sure if there's a property that's being messed with or w/e but I know there's a voice taunts option in UT (No option for this in Unreal, but voice taunts did work in previous versions of Botpack227), but I don't remember it being disabled by default. megaconfusedface

bob
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 18 Dec 2012, 01:17

Yeah turned out the version of botpack i was using was outdated, everything seems mostly alright now

I see the code for the brushbuilder , ill propobly add code for a few other games (rune , undying , enforcer ,MF etc), mabye i can post the additions if anyones interested. id probably be interested in commandlets , becuase i do commandline macro stuff and it would be cool to extract usfull information from ucc ouptut. to include in a gui , like say if i was working on a external maplist editor ,a commandlet to be able to get maptitles would probably be quite usefull,

last time i needed to get all the titles i wrote a maplogger and did it the hard way using ini files with structs and cycled each map on a dummy server , then imported the data into excel as a delimited aaryy that took 4 hours to auto cyle tho 400 maps to get that data :x

lastfortress will work for sure with effort ,A few years ago , i ripped TLF to 225 , everything worked except the ending sequence becuase i didnt care about making it work at the time.
( i went tho a phase were i had to keep feeding myself new converted maps/ mods)
I used those ladder things for alot of other maps too. I dont have it anymore I dont think, It wasnt that good of a rip anyway...

Oh one other thought always check see if rush ripped it into a monsterhunt map first :lol:
he usally converts maps 5 days after they are published and ports them.
edit: yep he did it already http://www.snipersparadise.net/redirect ... ess.unr.uz

xan1242
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 30 Dec 2012, 04:57

Hello UnrealSP!

First off, I registered here because, eh, to be frank, I am looking for some help here with Botpack in Unreal, but nonetheless, I am still a big fan of the Unreal series. I don't want to open up another thread just for this, so I figured I could post here.

Anyhow, there are a few issues with the patched Botpack for 227i - when going to the Assault gametype it keeps giving errors for Core.dll. I first thought it was because I was using the Unrealshare package with better textures which was from 227h, but that wasn't the issue... Another issue would be the HUD setup in the options - they too cause the Core.dll errors. Those are bearable in Windows, just a couple of error boxes, but in Linux it causes an instant quit with the segmentation fault.

That brings me to the next issue - it doesn't work at all in Linux. I haven't yet tested 227h because it hates me for some reason. It always exits with this (also happens on some weapons with Dots' Utweapons package)

Code: Select all

Fabricate utweapons.shockrifle
104054.5ms Loading: Package utweapons
Fabricate utweapons.ut_flakcannon
Backtrace: FMallocAnsi::Realloc
Exiting.
Name subsystem shut down
Allocation checking disabled
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Shock rifle summoned fine, but Flak Cannon crashes the game. Also opening any UT map or any of the UT gametypes (or anything Botpack at all) cause the same stupid backtrace.

If anyone knows anything about this, can they please help me with this? I much prefer playing Botpack in Unreal than playing UT directly because of the enhancements. (and the weapon meshes are the correct size in Unreal 227, but in UT they're oversized)

Also, the reason why I am asking over here and not Oldunreal is because it could compromise 227's development.

Previous