ividyon will never get this done, will he.

Hardest SP packs Tier list

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010, 00:01

Map 4 is still before the pack goes through the health kit drought, right?

Oh for fucks sake! Two in one session?

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010, 00:16

That actually starts from Map 1 and then gets steadly worse. On the other hand, I'm oversupplied of ammo all the time.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 28 Apr 2010, 17:23

Oh well, Kroogar Outpost was a joke. Now Map 5 is the real deal: I like its atmosphere but the gameplay, oh god the gameplay. I don't know how to describe it.
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 01 May 2010, 00:35

here are some cool shots
loool
i remember how hard was the first time I played it and that was in medium difficulty too and without the 115% speed mode
The best map is WWW's one (Lost Skaarj Ship Part 1 a.k.a. Seven Bullets ISV-Kran part 4). The biggest trophy of gameplay screw-up goes to Derdak, if he really did place the triple Skaarj Sniper battle in Map 8 and the super ASMD Skaarj Officer in the last level. Map 5 on the other hand has some insane enemy - mostly Skaarj - placement. The gimmick of enemies with tons of health most of the times doesn't make sense and adds nothing to the difficulty.

Aside these, I don't think the pack needs any other fixes. I really enjoyed it. Map 12 also owns. Modified my rating for Zephon in my opinion thread @ http://www.unrealsp.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1482
ImageImage

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: Hardest SP packs Tier list

Post Posted: 11 May 2012, 15:01

Bumped up the thread with a slightly updated first post.
ImageImage

redeye
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012, 04:36

Ya well, the reality is...................LoL, UN-Reality is too hard for you, kids these days, sheesh !!!!!!

AND where the FK is residual decay. PROPH ??? ...........
Just ban everyone

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012, 08:55

I put it down somewhere and now I just can't recall where

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012, 10:53

redeye wrote:Ya well, the reality is...................LoL, UN-Reality is too hard for you, kids these days, sheesh !!!!!!

truth sucks
ImageImage

Maxer 64
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re:

Post Posted: 02 Jun 2012, 20:45

Hellscrag wrote:
Mister_Prophet wrote:This is where I have to really disagree. Xidia and 7B are not remotely the same, as 7B actually had a great deal more difficulty balance than its predecessor. I know it's very rough on the Unreal difficulty, but then again 7B is a special case when it comes to the fourth difficulty. The differences between 7B on Hard as compared to Unreal are night and day, and it was made that way on purpose for a select group of players. Xidia, on the other hand, had bugs and other obscene balance issues that never really got the proper kind of optimization. Even on Medium it could be unforgiving for most players.

Have to agree with all of this... following the guidance in the readme, I played 7B on Hard, and found it all to be pretty manageable with only one or two moments of exceptional difficulty.

Xidia is generally much more punishing.

I found Xidia easy actully.
If you see this, I was a really dumb and stupid kid. Don't listen to the above.

Previous