Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

Zora Unreal97

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

seeker3
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject: Zora Unreal97

Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010, 00:22

Hi all:
I'm trying to play Zora's Unreal97 beta maps on Unreal Gold,both 227f and 226 Final and when it tries to load the second map I get a "can't find
file for package 'flare' " error and that's it! I don't know if it's the patches or that's just the way they work. Also is there a way to run them in UT99 with OldSkool single player? When I try to open them in Ut99 all I get is mp. I've tried everything I can,so I'm turning to you guys :B

User avatar editor Dave
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: Zora Unreal97

Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010, 12:28

seeker3 wrote:Hi all:
I'm trying to play Zora's Unreal97 beta maps on Unreal Gold,both 227f and 226 Final and when it tries to load the second map I get a "can't find
file for package 'flare' " error and that's it! I don't know if it's the patches or that's just the way they work. Also is there a way to run them in UT99 with OldSkool single player? When I try to open them in Ut99 all I get is mp. I've tried everything I can,so I'm turning to you guys :B

Good news: You can play the maps.
Flare is a special texture package from UT 99. You can fake it by duplicating a texture (*.utx) file and naming it Flare.utx.
You can play it in UT 99, too. For that you have to install usaar33's oldskool (v 2.39). Then you can select the maps in a special SP menu. :wink:
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

seeker3

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010, 13:45

Thanks Mike,I'll do that :D I've been using oldskool for a long time,but I just figured out that the reason some of my maps/mods weren't showing up was because my single player menu was full :shake: LOL

User avatar Delacroix
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010, 18:09

Need a fix?

For both Unreal and UT users: it will enable you to finish the game after beta extremeend by supplying a renamed QueenEnd file.
For both Unreal and UT users: Flare.utx is supplied so is no longer missing.
For UT users: an OldSkool entry for the pack is done.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010, 18:14

Really no point adding a QueenEnd map to the beta game.
ImageImage

User avatar Delacroix

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010, 18:17

This is to fix the bug where you were left without an ending already planned. I always thought it was annoying that there was no hookup to the ending.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

seeker3

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010, 18:54

Delacroix wrote:Need a fix?

For both Unreal and UT users: it will enable you to finish the game after beta extremeend by supplying a renamed QueenEnd file.
For both Unreal and UT users: Flare.utx is supplied so is no longer missing.
For UT users: an OldSkool entry for the pack is done.

Thank you very much for putting me in your credits,it has made my day
:o
I've never been in anybody's read me before and silly as it may sound,I'm honored :D

User avatar Delacroix

Subject:

Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010, 19:30

Well, it is your problem with OldSkool that inspired me to solve this once and for all. So I considered it appropriate to mention this.

seeker3

Post Posted: 04 Apr 2013, 15:12

Does anyone still have this "fix" that Delacroix posted? I lost mine with a disk failure and the links here are long dead.I'd be grateful if anyone can help me out with this.Thanks :wink:

User avatar Delacroix

Post Posted: 07 Apr 2013, 19:55

IDK where I have that fix. Sadly.

seeker3

Post Posted: 08 Apr 2013, 18:23

Oh well,thanks anyway.Maybe someone else has it on their computer and will post it,who knows?What is the name of the fix,maybe that will help.Thanks:)