ividyon will never get this done, will he.

Ballistic Blood for 227 (2.0 GREEN BLOOD UPDATE)

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject: Re: Ballistic Blood for 227 (WIP-Released!)

Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013, 22:28

(Just want to say that shivs post with the merc screenie like looks shit on the new layout, not a fan of screenshot compression)
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013, 22:42

TheIronKnuckle wrote:(Just want to say that shivs post with the merc screenie like looks shit on the new layout, not a fan of screenshot compression)

oh god wtf...i didnt even notice. what the hell happened to my picture?! XD

I find everything too damn small in the new layout honestly. I can barely even select font colors anymore, plus a good 35 or 40% of the screen is wasted on the sides.
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013, 23:35

TheIronKnuckle wrote:(Just want to say that shivs post with the merc screenie like looks shit on the new layout, not a fan of screenshot compression)

The new style dictates that all images are scaled down to a maximum width of 700 pixels. This makes them generally look right and not blow up the style on low resolutions, but using the <sshot=> tag with width values above 700px makes things like this happen, as the forced width will skew the aspect ratio. Rule of thumb is to just use the regular <sshot> tag, and if you don't, keep the scale and aspect ratio right.
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013, 00:13

ividyon wrote:

The new style dictates that all images are scaled down to a maximum width of 700 pixels. This makes them generally look right and not blow up the style on low resolutions, but using the <sshot=> tag with width values above 700px makes things like this happen, as the forced width will skew the aspect ratio. Rule of thumb is to just use the regular <sshot> tag, and if you don't, keep the scale and aspect ratio right.

I did keep the scale and aspect ratio right though. The original picture is 1920x1080, and I used sshot to scale it down to 1280x720. or is it because its over 700px that it's skewing it like crazy? This kinda deafeats the point of sshot a bit. A lot of pictures on the forum are going to be messed up now :P

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013, 00:17

Just use the default "sshot" without giving it a custom size value. If people want to see the shots full-size they just have to click on it and there you go.
Unless you're going to post groups of several images arranged in one line, don't really bother with "sshot=".

The "sshot" tag is just for displaying pictures on forums, it doesn't change the hosted image size (look at MOTW threads, for example)
Last edited by UB_ on 31 Oct 2013, 00:20, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013, 00:20

Shivaxi wrote:I did keep the scale and aspect ratio right though. The original picture is 1920x1080, and I used sshot to scale it down to 1280x720. or is it because its over 700px that it's skewing it like crazy? This kinda deafeats the point of sshot a bit. A lot of pictures on the forum are going to be messed up now :P
You kept the aspect ratio right, but not the scale. 1280 width obviously exceeds 700, which means the width gets squished back to 700 while the height is kept at 720, creating an almost square image.

I raised the max width to 720 to play nicer with downscaled numbers, so now you could simply do the math and change it from 1280x720 to 720*405 (height calculated as follows: 720 / 1280 * 720 = 405 ).

Also, what UB said. The <sshot=> was meant to be a workaround for widescreen images, as <sshot> initially forced shots to a size of 400x300. Now it only governs the width, automatically scaling the height along, removing the problem. In fact, I should probably remove the <sshot=> tag, but I imagine it can have its uses (if used right).

I sense another topic split incoming. :P
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013, 00:26

Ah there's not too many posts off topic. And to keep this one ON topic, I'm going to ask anyone with Ballistic Blood to please test out my theory about the crashing only happening when a Mercenary is gibbed. Try to gib a mercenary and see if it crashes. Then try to kill a few without gibbing them. The crash shouldn't happen, allowing you guys to get past Terraniux hopefully. I need someone else to test cause I can't be certain if it's just my setup or what.

User avatar Carbon
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013, 16:05

I'll check it out. It crashed when I de-headed the Merc, but that is in line with the general problem. I have subsequently uninstalled the mod, but will reload it and check it out.

Thanks for the attention on this Shivaxi. I love the mod otherwise...a lovely crimson mist... :)

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013, 18:06

Carbon wrote:I'll check it out. It crashed when I de-headed the Merc, but that is in line with the general problem. I have subsequently uninstalled the mod, but will reload it and check it out.

Thanks for the attention on this Shivaxi. I love the mod otherwise...a lovely crimson mist... :)

Thanks. and Yes, beheading mercenary's counts toward the crash problem, since it the crash is directly related to the gibs of the mercs. don't let any merc gibs fly :P

User avatar Xanious
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014, 05:09

The mod has a really gross texture glitch when you damage a enemy with green or blue blood. It also crashes the game after a few minutes.

User avatar Xanious
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 07 Apr 2014, 05:11

Do you think you might add some elements of this mod to RLcoop? Like the blood gushing out instead of dripping?

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 09 Apr 2014, 21:59

I plan to run Ballistic Blood on the RLCoop server once Ballistic Blood is stable enough. It won't be a necessary component to RLCoop though.

Also, green blooded pawns will crash, yes. Green blood was never implemented correctly yet. If you don't gib them though, I think you can avoid the crash. I'm working on a new version Ballistic Blood that supports green blooded pawns which I'll be releasing soon hopefully. This should fix all crashes and errors as well related to Ballistic Blood.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 14 Feb 2015, 20:31

Could this topic please be moved to Content Creation? I believe it belongs there.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016, 21:49

Sort of a small update I guess for this, I realized I had an updated version of BallisticBlood...I'm not sure why or from what, maybe a potential fix for the green blood crash, but someone also notified me that the original download link was dead, so re-uploading this with my latest files:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ziu7j4wupltxi ... d.zip?dl=1

Fixed download link on original post. 227j itself fixes the crash and I don't have 227i to test, could someone test for me if shooting and blowing up merc's still crashes for you?

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016, 18:19

GREEN BLOOD UPDATE

About time I got around to fixing/update this mod, yes I know. But anyways! Big update here that finally fixes the infamous green blood crashing bug with blowing up mercs bodies in 227i. Green blood is now fully implemented and working for all green blooded pawns, new effects, and even some new textures. Download and changelog below!

DOWNLOAD

Version 2.0 GREEN BLOOD UPDATE - https://www.dropbox.com/s/h0j47isv7hjwd ... 0.zip?dl=1

CHANGELOG

Added:

-Support for green blooded pawns
-All new green blood effects and textures
-20 new blood drip decals for better bleeding/blood drip effects.

Changed:

-Slight update to some of the visual effects, mostly diversifying the color palette a bit from emitters, updating blood drop decals, and updating blood splatters from gibs.

Fixed:

-Crash when blowing up mercenary carcasses or any green blooded carcass

README

==============================
Ballistic Blood v2.0 green blood update!

Files Included:

-BallisticBlood.u
-BallisticBlood.int
-BallisticBloodTextures.utx
-BallisticBloodTexturesGreen.utx
-BallisticBloodTexturesExtra.utx
-BeGoneNot.u
-BeGoneNot.int

Installation:

You know the drill....u and .int into system folder and .utx into textures =P

How To Run:

You can either select the Ballistic Blood mutator in the mutator list or manually use this line:

Mutator=BallisticBlood.BBMut

If you wish for carcasses and gibs to never dissapear, use the BeGoneNot Mutator.

Mutator=BeGoneNot.BeGoneNot WARNING: This is not recommended to be used online.

The Blood decals never vanishing you can already do by going into advanced options and changing
DecalLifeSpan to 0. WARNING: This may cause your game to lag and/or crash after a while if an insane
amount of decals are spawned...this goes for any decals not just Ballistic Blood ones.

Current Supported Features:

-Supports all weapons and pawns
-New blood splatter textures (Credit to the Ballistic Blood mod for UT2k4.)
-New blood puff, spray, and splash effects that replace all original blood effects.
-Gibs now have blood spray trails.
-Hit location dependent bleeding.
-Blood effects relative to pawns velocity.
-Carcasses and gibs never disappear (BeGoneNot Mutator)
-Carcasses pre-added to levels will automatically spawn blood decals around the carcass. (NOTE: for this
feature to work, DecalLifeSpan must be set to 0 in your Advanced Settings)
-Support for green blooded pawns
-Bloody explosion for carcasses when they are gibbed (only works on players, skaarj, and nali right now)

Current Unsupported Features (not yet implemented):

-Support for blue blooded pawns. (maybe)
-Size of gibbed explosion dependent on size of carcass.
-Blood chunks dissipating in air to leave smaller blood splatters
-Pawns get bloodier the more they get damaged. (will be working on this soon)
-Gib blood splat size depends on gib size (maybe).

Known Bugs & Issues:

-Low end machines will probably suffer a major performance decrease...but I don't think this can be
helped.
-Green blood splats when spawned by a gib will flicker with a black box for 1 frame as it is spawned. This is
due to the mutator setting the bloodsplat from Modulated to Translucent in order to work with the new
textures. Will try to fix this in the future with a better method for replacing textures spawned by gib
bounces.
-Bots still spawn default Unreal blood for some reason

More Info / Contact / Bug Reporting:

forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1887

A mod by Shivaxi
LONG LIVE UNREAL BABY!!

Previous Next