Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

7 Bullets install Issue...

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar shawnd123
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: 7 Bullets install Issue...

Post Posted: 09 Feb 2012, 17:47

Yeah, the link on this site is down for some reason, but here's another one I found: http://www.mediafire.com/?fwaye5mnsggr3qe
I'm pretty sure I provided the link earlier in this thread. Oh well.
Image Image

User avatar zYnthetic
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016, 19:59

I know this is old but Google seems to be ranking this thread quite high in searches.

Latest download: SEVENBULLETS-121-FULL.RAR

Installation
This is the quick version. Read the long version in SevenBullets1.2.1.txt
1) Fix your UT
* Install the latest _client_ patch, 436.
* Install the Epic Bonus Packs. At least 1, 3 and 4.
2) Extract the archive into your UnrealTournament folder.
3) If you haven't already, install OldSkool Amp'd.

Start 7Bullets by using either the shortcuts or bat files in \UnrealTournament\ folder.

If you did this correctly you will have a 7Bullets folder in you UnrealTournament directory.

Why?

This was the best way to package the installer to reduce the likelyhood of improper installs caused by user error:
* 7bullets modifies many audio/video settings and directory paths by using it's own ini. Asking players to make these changes themselves is asking them to do it wrong and complain about it not working.
* Organize content neatly in directories. Reduces risk of content creators polluting their own work by unintentionally using content from 7Bullets.
* Custom logo map/background.
* Ease of support by reducing influencing factors that could cause problems.
* I'm sure there's more stuff. It's been almost a decade so cut me some slack.
* Overall it comes down to reducing the risk of bad installs created by user error. This is goes up exponentially the more you ask users to do. Nothing is perfect but this format was the most foolproof way of doing it.

If you know what you're doing and think you know better, then do what you want. If something doesn't work right, remember that you know what you're doing and since you know better, I'm sure you'll figure it out.

As far as the OP. My best guess here is that OpenGLDrv.dll was not overwritten during install. 7Bullets installs Dohnal's OpenGL driver. Other than being from 2007, I'm not sure which version it is but unless you already have it or one of Dohnal's newer versions, you absolutely must overwrite this.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016, 20:15

A meaningful necropost! To think I'd see the day. :D
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar zYnthetic
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 19 Jul 2016, 01:54

Yeah, it was bothering me how this was one of those threads that ranks fairly high in results if you're trying to Google a problem (or just seven bullets by itself) and doesn't offer a solution. The replies acting surprised there was a 7bullets folder because certain users forgot they didn't follow instructions also dont help build confidence. Op has moved on long ago. It's more for people who might land on this thread and end up even more confused.

Yhe1
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016, 07:25

Actually I still checking this forum, I just decided to wait for RD to play all three part of the sega together. Currently playing through De javu. Thanks for the new instructions!

Previous