Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

MH-Butterflies][

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar evilgrins
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: MH-Butterflies][

Post Posted: 26 Apr 2012, 21:47

You may recall a stretch back, if i mentioned it here, I made an MH map with butterflies as the monster but it didn't work out so well as the bots wouldn't fight them and they were damned impossible to kill.

I replaced the butterflies with nali-cows, left the butterflies on the map as a random element, but before that I tried Nali but that didn't go so well.

The Nali have this habit of going all zen like and then disappearing. This made the map impossible to end... or much longer to beat.

Where do the Nali go when they disappear?
Do they come back at some point?

Given this MH map has a counter in it and it has a governing factor on the exit off the map, these seem to be relevent points.

User avatar evilgrins

Subject: Re: MH-Butterflies][

Post Posted: 11 May 2012, 05:26

This is an edit of a map originally made by Kaal.

This map has gone through a number of stages. Given the title MH-Butterflies, it was originally just that. I busted out the butterflies from Animal_PACK1 but while they worked fine, the pretty little things were damned near impossible to kill. No, I take that back. They were completely impossible to kill.

So, I took the butterflies away from the monster generators on the map and put them back on as active items in each of the mounds outside of the base. They're still impossible to kill and tend to follow players around, so you're more than welcome to try and kill them after you deal with what I replaced them with.

I tried Nali first. That didn't go so well. So I switched to Cows.

The cows don't provide much of a fight and nobody playing this map is going to get a high score unless the use the golf standard. Basically this map is just for a no challenge whatsoever wholesale slaughter of cows... and to look at butterflies.

For the heck of it, I put a player bot on the map. Initially unarmed, this bot will respawn when killed and attack the monsters just like any players will. The only major difference is that if you mess with this bot, or just come near it, in all probability it will try and kill you too.

Enjoy the butterflies.
http://www.mediafire.com/?tv207ct8tkda1oc

Smirftsch
OldUnreal Staff OldUnreal Staff

Post Posted: 25 May 2012, 12:59

maybe these butterflies just need a frog to take care about them ^^

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012, 07:29

Okay... find me an Unreal Frog.

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 27 Jul 2012, 21:55

lol...i was always curious about the nali doing their dissapearing act as well...always thinking maybe they teleported somewhere :P

in reality though I think it just kills them right?
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 31 Jul 2012, 05:29

I suppose with their homeworld conquered by the Skaarj, sometimes ascending into death is better than the alternative.