ividyon will never get this done, will he.

Skaarj: "I believe I can fly...

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar evilgrins
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Skaarj: "I believe I can fly...

Post Posted: 27 Jun 2012, 08:33

...I believe I can touch the sky..."

Shortly after I first started playing UT I started fighting the monsters. MonsterHunt wouldn't exist for a year or two and even mutators like MonsterMadness & MonsterSpawn didn't exist yet. I did the old: summon Unreali.(monster name here) and had fun.

There was this one thing I could never figure out about the Skaarj back then, because it didn't happen with MonsterMadness & MonsterSpawn or MonsterHunt. I almost forgot about it until just recently when I started putting monsters onto DM maps.

In a low gravity environment a Skaarj may leap and then continue leaping, gradually working it's way to the very top of the map. It's not really jumping on anything other than the open air but it can keep rising slowly upwards until it hits the ceiling/sky, however high up the map goes, before it comes plummeting back down.

How exactly is it the Skaarj can 'fly' like this?

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: Re: Skaarj: "I believe I can fly...

Post Posted: 27 Jun 2012, 16:14

Its lunge attack adds upward velocity which doesn't account for gravity. It's actually pretty hilarious; if you increase the air speed and upward velocity enough for a custom Skaarj, even in normal grav environments, it can constantly leap through the air and slowly gain altitude without ever coming down (or hitting you).

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: Skaarj: "I believe I can fly...

Post Posted: 27 Jun 2012, 16:23

Waffnuffly wrote:Its lunge attack adds upward velocity which doesn't account for gravity. It's actually pretty hilarious; if you increase the air speed and upward velocity enough for a custom Skaarj, even in normal grav environments, it can constantly leap through the air and slowly gain altitude without ever coming down (or hitting you).

Tried that with the EXU Shadow Skaarj code
there you, Skaarj doing real moon jumps.
ImageImage