This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

Finally finished playing RTNP:UE on Unreal difficulty[Spoiler included]

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Levelworm
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: Finally finished playing RTNP:UE on Unreal difficulty[Spoiler included]

Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012, 06:27

Seriously, this is the only time I played through a major map pack on Unreal difficulty. The experience is incredible and I'm considering replaying it and writing a detailed "review and hint" after that.

[spoiler]There are many difficult battles (according to my skill). The final boss is not that difficult actually as I have plenty pillars to hide from his rockets, which fortunately do not home on me. The double warlords battle before that is much more difficult and I load twice; I also loaded for once in "NexusEnd" as I'm pretty bad at battling Berserkers. Generally speaking, the Skaarj battles are difficult and I loaded a few times here and there. Oh, and the bots on Cyrox forced me to load at least 3 times. Also, the whole map pack contains only around 15 nali seeds, or at least that's what I got.[/spoiler]

How do you guys deal with chasing enemies such as SkaarjBerserkers? I prefer anything that dodge a lot. I also noticed that in some levels there are few ammo for certain weapons, which is interesting and I need to write that into the future guide.
Power lays only in Darkness

User avatar SteadZ
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: Finally finished playing RTNP:UE on Unreal difficulty[Spoiler included]

Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012, 07:19

Do you mean that you've finished the Unreal 98 Beta, it's just because you talk about Cryox and Nexus :?

I hate it when the Skaarj Warriors dodge personally. I usually use ASMD or Razorjack when they're coming towards me (whilst backing up), but I don't always have that option available...

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: Re: Finally finished playing RTNP:UE on Unreal difficulty[Spoiler included]

Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012, 14:07

Skaarj Berserkers are just begging to eat flak slugs. Right in the face.

I always indulge them.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012, 14:15

Skaarj Berserkers = Flak primary when they are close and dodge their melees, rinse and repeat. From afar, spam grenades or flak shells.
ImageImage

Levelworm

Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012, 14:28

Waffnuffly wrote:Skaarj Berserkers are just begging to eat flak slugs. Right in the face.

I always indulge them.

Yes Flak Cannon is very good at beating them, guess I need to use dodge too. Sigh, is there a way to change the double-tapping dodge keybinding?

Levelworm

Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012, 14:31

Captain Clark wrote:Do you mean that you've finished the Unreal 98 Beta, it's just because you talk about Cryox and Nexus :?

I hate it when the Skaarj Warriors dodge personally. I usually use ASMD or Razorjack when they're coming towards me (whilst backing up), but I don't always have that option available...

RTNP:UE includes some of the beta maps (revamped though).
For the weaker ones actually the automag is quite good, for the stronger ones the flak cannon is good. But I really hate when they are chasing me.

User avatar SteadZ
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012, 18:11

Oh, my bad, I didn't read that it was RTNP:UE :B

Yeah, I forgot that I like to use the Flak Cannon as well.

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012, 19:08

I'm glad people are enjoying RTNPUE. :)
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

Levelworm

Post Posted: 23 Aug 2012, 21:06

Lightning Hunter wrote:I'm glad people are enjoying RTNPUE. :)

Thanks for the great job! The beta maps are truly masterfully revamped!

Levelworm

Post Posted: 26 Aug 2012, 05:38

Guys, I hate to write a new thread, so can you tell me what program(s) you use for recording the gameplay?