Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

Custom Typed String in Console with binded keypress

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Custom Typed String in Console with binded keypress

Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012, 21:51

Today we make Unreal history...

well not really...but I do believe this is a pretty amazing find. All credit really though goes to Bleeder91 for finding this...I only wish I'd found this sooner as I've been searching a way to do this for years practically.

Ok so...ever want to be able to press a button and have your console come up with something already typed in ready to go? say like...press E and console comes up with "summon " awaiting for you to type whatever you want to summon. This would make it much easier and faster to summon items and whatnot, along with many other possibilities.

Thanks to Bleeder91, this can now be done...no mods or anything.

Simply bind this line to a key:

Talk|set console typedstr (string)

where (string) is, you type the command or string that you want.

for example...if we want "summon"...the line would look like this:

Talk|set console typedstr summon

be sure to leave a space after "summon" as well to be able to type the item or actor you want to summon without having to press space first.

where "summon " is, you can easily add onto this or change it into whatever you want. examples could be "summon exu." or "adminlogin " or even "admin set "

Thankyou so much Bleeder91 for finally finding this out! \o/
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Gizzy
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: Custom Typed String in Console with binded keypress

Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012, 13:49

I might still have ikuto's console command autocomplete scripts somewhere from DCoop, been meaning to tinker with that gamemode for a long time..

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: Custom Typed String in Console with binded keypress

Post Posted: 11 Nov 2012, 14:01

yeh...this is a nice easy way to do that without custom consoles or mods =P i was requested to post this up for general purposes so... =P
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.