Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

7Bullets sniper rifle

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

seeker3
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject: 7Bullets sniper rifle

Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012, 19:04

Can MrProphet or someone else help me? I would like to know if it is possible to increase the number of bullets fired before reloading or do away with reloading altogether? Just curious.Thanks.

User avatar Preki

Subject: Re: 7Bullets sniper rifle

Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012, 20:33

I examined the script briefly and it appears that clip capacity is a hard-coded feature, you just can't alter it through defaultproperties function or directly in actor's properties in the editor.

Wanna get rid of reloading at all? If there's no difference between standard UT and 7B rifle besides reloading, use UT rifle then.

bob
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 11 Dec 2012, 23:27

the clip usage is probably a var of some kind ,
knowing that you can bind a key to "set var 0" or "set var 999" depending ,
i dont have seven bullets so i cant say for sure,
but whether or not its exposed to defualt properties dosnt matter ,
if it can count it a var somwhee you can modify

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012, 00:05

All the reloadable guns are coded with their own magazine sizes. Statistic wise the Sniper Rifle variant in 7B is a little different from the UT version in that it does more damage but has a slower fire rate, so using a basic UT version wouldn't simply be a case of using the same weapon sans reload. If you want to adjust the magazine size or apply similar code to the basic UT rifle then you can have a go at the code, though UsAaR33's code can be difficult to deal with.

seeker3

Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012, 21:08

Thanks for the replies guys.And seeing that those weapons are coded in Mister_Prophet,I think I'll just leave well enough alone,lol. If UsAaR33's code can be difficult to deal with for you,it's way over my head,as I wouldn't even know where to start.I like the mission as is and was just curious.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 12 Dec 2012, 23:46

I say that it is difficult to deal with because it has been explained to me by various people who actually can read and perform their own Unreal code that UsAaR33's stuff is put together strangely, not because I myself have experience with it. I'm not a coder, I just make levels :o. I mainly meant that if you wanted to examine the code or ask a kind pilgrim to do it for you than I'm okay with you ripping into the 7B packages to get what you need. I don't exactly consider the code packages for Xidia or 7B all too sacred.

seeker3

Post Posted: 16 Dec 2012, 17:13

Thanks for the permission Mister_Prophet,I appreciate it.Right now I'm just going to leave it alone,but it's nice to know that if I get the urge to give it a look-see your okay with it.Thanks again.