Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

My favorite retail Unreal/UT map ...

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Creavion
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: My favorite retail Unreal/UT map ...

Post Posted: 01 Mar 2008, 22:18

Filename: zm97Aztec
Map Title: Aztec
Author: Shane Caudle
Game: Unreal 1 Beta and Missionspack (but only the temple)
Gametype: Single Player
Level Theme: A hint of "South America jungle" theme but mostly an unreal typical ancient temple
Used Music: Suspense (both Song Sections)
Screenshots of my favorite part:
1.) A mossy Palm seems to grow out of the rock
2.) The rest of an old tree - again with moss
3.) The end of the small canyon in the beginning of the level. An open area with a waterfall at the entry to the velora temple (was used for the Unreal Missionspack: Return to Na Pali)
I like this level especially concerning of the little bit jungle feeling what could be compared to the jungles of South America. (other game examples with a nearly similar atmosphere are the first levels of the old N64 Game "Banjo - Kazooie" or "Serious Sam - The Second Encounter") No other level in the whole game offers something like this. The music or the rope bridge inside the temple underline it perfectly. I am really sad that this part was canceled out of the final version of the game. What do you think about this level?

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 01 Mar 2008, 22:58

I don't really care for the RtNP version. There's a general absence of sky and life (Unreal's other temples offer something "extra" - Chizra is brimming with life, and Vandora has outdoor sections and the whole partly ruined thing going on). However, I must admit that Aztec (from UBerserker's walkthrough) does look a lot more interesting.

I guess it is a shame that it was cut, but overall I'm fairly glad that the whole desert / cryptic part of the beta that this map is entangled in was removed.

Are you inviting other forumers to post about their favourite maps?
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Creavion
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Mar 2008, 00:21

Hellscrag wrote:Are you inviting other forumers to post about their favourite maps?

Yes! Of course!

--
The Desert levels were really boring ... and the crypt levels very q.uakig

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Mar 2008, 00:34

The Cryptic levels owned. Morose FTW.
ImageImage

User avatar Kajgue
N-Team Leader N-Team Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 02 Mar 2008, 01:18

The GAIA geometory in that map is superb, I don't know why they didn't bother to do anything similar in any other Unreal map which was actually released with the game.
N-Team leader
The Silver Blades clan chief