Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

Valley of Alshar, Map 1 - Stuck

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Valley of Alshar, Map 1 - Stuck

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013, 17:29

Hi all!

Freshly registered to the site, I have in the past months been playing a number of custom SP maps and mappacks for Unreal Tournament (via Oldskool), and for that I am grateful to UnrealSP.org!
Funnily/dumbly enough (and despite having already experienced similar ordeals in Zora's episodes 1, 2 and 3) I have been stuck in The Valley of Alshar's first map for a while now, and I want to ask if anyone would be so kind as to provide me with a walkthrough or at least a solution for this specific part:
-I thought I was finally getting to the end of the level when I arrived in that hall containing what looks like a pool, except the surface is solid, only with a water surface texture to it; the great door is closed, there is armor out of reach, and I can trigger repeatedly a "text" sound (but without text) in two places when I walk over the "pool". 'Course I subsequently ran all over the rest of the level I left behind, searching for some kind of switch I could have overlooked, but to no avail! :/

Thanks in advance for the help! :)
By the way, quite apart from that, I think this is a great map, even after Xerania's Fall!
Cheers,
Sat42
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar integration
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: Valley of Alshar, Map 1 - Stuck

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013, 19:02

You have to head back to the room before and shoot a wall, which will open then.

Do you know how to use console commands? You could havefigured it out yourself easily by using ghost or fly cheat (pressing tab key, enter FLY or GHOST, enter WALK to continue playing).

About Zora maps: (Nearly) every map is also contained in the recent Maps Of The Weeks. Perhaps the playthroughs can help you.

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013, 21:36

Thanks a lot integration, and not just for the solution but also for the tip on the cheats!
I'll check out the Maps Of The Weeks, Vulcan of Episode 4 is now my main problem.

Cheers! :)
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

gopostal
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2013, 23:33

If your aim is simple exploration you can grab my scanner tool http://www.oldunreal.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/ ... 342686/1#1

At the very least it might help you find the mover panels so you can push them all.

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 15 Jul 2013, 21:00

Hey thank you gopostal! indeed finding the mover panels is what's left to do, since I already successfully cleansed the outdoor area of the map! :) Great level, and those small eruptions inside the crater that make the surroundings tremble are a really cool touch!