This is a test. Test! Consider yourself tested.

How to fix the linking error at the end of Valley of Eelhandra?

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Sat42
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: How to fix the linking error at the end of Valley of Eelhandra?

Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013, 16:51

Hi all,

A new dumb question from an UnrealEd 2 newbie :B (which is not to say that I have no interest in the matter - I did go through "Level Design for Dummies - Part 1 of 3" by Prophet, and did my homework by doing the entire walkthrough! which means I have my first test map done, to which I added a skaarj scout and a barrel lol, looking forward to "Level Design for Dummies - Part 2 of 3"!!)
I clearly loved the work of Jean "El Chicoverde" Rochefort in Nak'halinra Peak and Valley of Eelhandra (the latter having the best story implementation I've come across up until now, IMO), and naturally would like to finish the new ShamuQuest series where it currently stands, that is to say with Temple of Eelhandra.
Could anyone please tell me how I fix the linking error at the end of Valley of Eelhandra?
Thanks a lot in advance!

Sat42
Nali: Magic or Telekinesis
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

redeye
Banned Banned

Subject: Re: How to fix the linking error at the end of Valley of Eelhandra?

Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013, 03:41

Linking as in not going to next map ?

If so, you use a teleporter and type in some "URL" and your next maps name in it, go look at maps that work and you will see easily enough. That URL is unrelated to the internet.

And is not like going to another teleporter in a map. for the words you enter (syntax), not a tag but a map name.
Just ban everyone

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013, 07:51

Holy crap I forgot about that tutorial. I guess if enough people pester me about it I should just type a continuation.

User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013, 15:24

Would be some good content to kick off the UnrealSP2 release with when it's done™! :tup:
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013, 18:45

Mister_Prophet wrote:Holy crap I forgot about that tutorial. I guess if enough people pester me about it I should just type a continuation.

No, I'm absolutely against it!

/lie
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 27 Aug 2013, 19:46

Thanks for the reply redeye! yeah that's right, linking as in not going to next map :) I'll go and check maps that work for examples of that URL then. I guess the map name is "stemple" (the .unr file name)

Mister_Prophet:
I should just type a continuation.

Please do :)
Waffnuffly wrote:It's tarydium-doped smoothies. Drunk by the player, I mean. The player is tripping balls. The whole game actually takes place in a large city and the player thinks he's on an alien world.

User avatar Sat42

Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013, 21:48

Got around to doing it today, and it worked!! Only thing is I have to redo the level (old save is based on the previous version of the map - I quickly checked that the change to the URL for the exit teleporter worked by restarting the level and ghosting through it) but that's ok since I wanted to redo the new ShamuQuest series anyhow to get back into it.
Thanks again for the tip!
Cheers,
Sat42