Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

For those saying I never provide links · Grim Reapers in MH

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar evilgrins
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: For those saying I never provide links · Grim Reapers in MH

Post Posted: 26 Aug 2013, 19:25

Lots of monsters in Unreal Tournament are powerful but every so often some crackhead makes one so powerful the only way to take it down is to hit it point blank with a tactical nuke.

That usually works pretty well with most things.

The following edit is mostly for example purposes. I posted a bunch of shots from a display map on a forum and a person there (Fuzzy) wanted to see the thing in action. So, I went through my directory of maps for something ideal and chose MH-Arden. It's got a good mood for this particular beastie.
The GrimReaper is pretty much what you expect from the name. It can fly, it can teleport, and it has a scythe (added benefit is you can use that if you manage to kill the thing). The Reaper has so many powers it's damned freaky, but one of its primary weapons is the Skullhead. It launches one which then can create swarms more... that wander around looking for more players to kill.

MH-Arden has 3 main points: the main gate, the outpost, and the castle at the end. You have to go up the hill to the outpost to flip a switch in there that opens the gate so you can get to the castle. For each of these 3 points there is now a GrimReaper standing guard. The display map had over a hundred GrimReapers, so you would assume that just having to face 3 of the Reapers would be a lot simpler.

Keep thinking that.

Usual suspects:
------------------
.umx goes in /Music
.u goes in /System
.unr goes in /Maps

Have fun, and good luck.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cor50 ... n-Grim.zip

This is actually an old post as I don't often post MH maps to this forum, other than screenshots. I've since made a slightly toned down edit of the same map, swapping out 2 GrimReapers with 2 other powerful beasties:
Download for this is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/sj7w5 ... lename.zip

There you go, 2 links. Happy?

User avatar Delacroix

Subject: Re: For those saying I never provide links · Grim Reapers in MH

Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013, 13:38

Definitely happy and will give this a whirl.

If you promote content by showcasing it, links are always a good idea, unless the project is a private work in progress. We're always happy to play new stuff. ;)

That being said, thank you. Very. Much.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

User avatar evilgrins

Post Posted: 28 Aug 2013, 20:27

My only general concern is I did these for fun, I couldn't get ahold of the guy that made the orginal MH-Arden. Credited him, selection screen, obviously as all I did was swap some monsters, but I worry about potential drama kick-ups when I do stuff like this and share it with others.

Typo in title aside...
http://hofgamingclan.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7321
...they really seemed to love the 1st edit there.

Enjoy!

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 29 Aug 2013, 00:53

These are the kind of screenies I like to see: ones with links attached! :lol: Cheers evil :)
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything