ividyon will never get this done, will he.

[Unreal Gold][released] MCoop Enhanced Beta 1

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: [Unreal Gold][released] MCoop Enhanced Beta 1

Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013, 21:12

This is an early release of my modified MCoop stuff so far, even though I probably won't be working on the project anymore. It includes more than just first person weapons (hence the name) and works best offline. Check the readme for installation instructions. I made this with Unreal Gold, so I'm guessing that it only works for the version of MCoop v2.3 that uses Gold.

Early video:
[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_kb7W-3wJU[/spoiler]

Full features list:
[spoiler]-First person weapons for most monsters: Being able to damage enemies is no longer based on the animations of the third person models.
-Certain attacks will make the player stand in place, like the monsters normally do.
-Additional firing modes for certain monsters/weapons (hold the right and left mouse buttons to perform). The skaarj and pupae can lock on to enemies and then lunge, the titan can stomp,
the gasbag can do a slam attack, the brute can shoot from both guns, the krall can perform a throw attack, and the mercenary can switch between rockets and bullets.
-The skaarj, krall, mercenary, and slith play swimming animations in first person.
-Unique icons for monsters
-Added abilities to certain monsters to make them closer to those in Unreal. The gasbag and warlord can dodge while in the air, and the krall can lose its legs and bleed to death.
-Added damage resistances (or total immunity) to monsters. For example, the slith cannot take damage from corrosive sources, including other slith.
-Modified teleportation effects for the warlord and queen to be closer to their original counterparts.
-Modified third person camera for the queen, titan, and warlord zoom out, letting players see more.
-The titan, queen, and warlord only play 'hurt' sounds once every few seconds.
-The 'cryo skaarj' monsters from the Mothership levels are included.[/spoiler]

Known issues:
[spoiler]1. Third person animations do not work well at all, especially online.
2. The queen's primary attack shoots too quickly and looks odd when aiming upwards.
3. The titan only throws one rock.
4. The skaarj projectiles move in a straight line instead of 'swaying' like they normally do.
5. The krall doesn't always play the leglessdeath animation after losing its legs.
6. Several monsters, including the devilfish, blob, nalirabbit, and nalicow don't have actual first person weapons.
7. Crouching and then moving will cause monsters like the krall, mercenary, and skaarj to walk and then run. This was intentional in order to fix some problems with the weapons.
8. The squid does not face the right direction in third person.
9. I'm sure there are many more problems. The code is a mess.
10. The slith's attacks are messed up while it swims.[/spoiler]

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?cl3u3kbesvh6m4d

User avatar makemeunreal
Banned Banned

Subject: Re: [Unreal Gold][released] MCoop Enhanced Beta 1

Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013, 21:19

:tup:
Cool. Good work :tup:
"They let us go about our business here, but it is a farce. I know that they are watching us, controlling us. I believe that this once safe haven is as deadly as the surface planet below."

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013, 21:42

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhh time to try this thing out
ImageImage

User avatar Tarydax

Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013, 21:59

Awesome! \o/

I definitely look forward to trying this out when I have time.

User avatar AlCapowned

Post Posted: 02 Oct 2013, 22:27

Don't expect too much. It's not much of a game-changer at this point.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Post Posted: 03 Oct 2013, 08:48

Cool Al :tup:

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 04 Oct 2013, 14:13

Oh yeah I tried it out for a while, it does actually work on 227.
Definitely better on first person (third person is pretty much fucked up now). Tried the Skaarj Warrior, the Titan and Warlord.
Skaarj Warriors have much better melee now, i.e. you're actually aggressive now but you still need to be close to the enemy. Keep forgetting the Lunge is primary+secondary but damn it's rather strong.
The Titan is as bad as before (they're not fun to play as anyway); their melees are constantly stopped, they can't reach enemy titans, etc...
The Warlord is still very strong, and the melee works correctly. He's definitely the best Unreal monster to play as: size is his only downsize, excels at everything else.
ImageImage