Did you know? UBerserker loves the Dispersion Pistol.

Lower Shrine of Nakesh:

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Lower Shrine of Nakesh:

Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013, 18:55

Review: http://www.unrealsp.org/community/reviews/nakesh.html
MOTW: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1429&hilit=nakesh

In between a couple of very long sessions (I'll post about it in a couple of days when I've finished) I had a go at Lower Shrine of Nakesh on U227 with ?difficulty=6.
On high difficulty this turns out to be a bit challenging in (and shortly after) the library area, nothing lifethreatening but it's far from the walktrough it proved to be when I first played it with U226.

In the review, and in the MOTW topic there were some complaints about the start of the level.
Review wrote:The one oddity is being forced to jump off the cliff at the start for mandatory damage, not helped by most of the health being provided by Nali Healing Fruit, which has to grow after loading the map and could leave you without health to survive the fall if you pick it up too soon.

I had already found a way to limit damage from that jump, but now I've found a way to avoid damage completely, and I can't understand why I (or anyone else) didn't think of this before (actually at that time I probably didn't know yet how to use the technique mentioned). For those who want to search for the solution themselves: don't read the following spoiler.
[spoiler]When starting: wait for the Nali fruit to ripen and then pick up everything. Instead of jumping down, dodge jump to the balcony on the right. The drop from there doesn't give any damage.[/spoiler]

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: Lower Shrine of Nakesh:

Post Posted: 09 Oct 2013, 13:14

I couldn't find the topic about the review so I opened a new topic.

Now I found the topic: Topic about the review: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=964&hilit=damage+falling
Could a mod merge this (and perhaps change the title of the topic)?