Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

Filesize differences between the ONP beta and final

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject: Filesize differences between the ONP beta and final

Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013, 06:17

I'm about to have a romp through the ONP demo because it's been mentioned here enough times as being it's own unique thing that I'm keen to see what's going on for myself.

While I was installing it, it wanted to overwrite the final ONP files, which I was expecting. What I wasn't expecting was that the demo uax, utx and other files were going to be significantly larger than their final counterparts! Does this mean there are even more hilarious ONPGuy soundbites to look forward to? I plan to check out what's going on in the editor at some point after my playthrough, but I'm just wondering if anyone knows the story here and can save me the trouble?

Edit: really weird. I play the demo tut, it throws me at the fullversion cutscene when it finishes. The full version cutscene dumps me in the david M mothership level.

I've tried clicking "no", when it asks if I want to do the tute and it skips me straight to the "escape the skaarj base" level, except I seem to be stuck on the roof of the mothership with no fighter and no way to get down :S Is this supposed to happen?

Edit2: ONP Guy sounded totally different in the demo! Still just as lame but a very different voice in certain parts, eg gore mine crossing. Also he said a lot of stuff which wasn't voice acted, which may or may not be in the larger version of the uax files (which I didn't install)

All up a fun diversion. As always, Gore mine crossing was a highlight of the pack, and I can't decide if I like it more with the old colour/lighting scheme or not. I also played on Unreal difficulty. I don't know if that was why there were so many behemoths at gore mine. I remember that map being more scare heavy in the final.

cool stuff
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar SteadZ
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: Filesize differences between the ONP beta and final

Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013, 10:28

I looked around a bit for the ONP demo... but couldn't find anything :/

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: Filesize differences between the ONP beta and final

Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013, 10:42

ONP guy had a different voice actor in the beta.
ImageImage