Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

UPak maps have BotPack dependencies?

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: UPak maps have BotPack dependencies?

Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013, 02:40

I have no idea how this managed to happen, but all of my UPak maps require botpack.u to open and play. I replaced the maps with the ones from the disk and got the same result - they still need botpack. I don't use the UT editor for anything other than making stuff with MeshMaker, so I couldn't have messed anything up by using it. Looking at the UnrealI, User, and UnrealEditor ini files didn't help since there was nothing with botpack in them. I only have the default paths set, and botpack isn't in serverpackages.

It figures that I would find out about this the moment I felt like playing Unreal Gold again. :shake:

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: Re: UPak maps have BotPack dependencies?

Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013, 02:50

Are you launching maps by double-clicking them or by opening Unreal and loading from the menu/console?

User avatar Tarydax

Post Posted: 02 Dec 2013, 02:55

I've always launched them by opening them through Unreal or the editor.

User avatar AlCapowned

Post Posted: 03 Dec 2013, 19:24

You're using 227+Gold, right? I'm not sure how this would happen, but it might be that your Upak.u was changed and now requires Botpack. With the Upak maps being the only maps that need botpack, and with no reference to Botpack in any of your configuration files, this is the only thing I can think of.

User avatar Tarydax

Post Posted: 06 Dec 2013, 15:32

I ended up having to reinstall 227. Still not sure how that problem happened, but it's fixed now. Unfortunately all my settings are screwed up.