Did you know? All of these messages will likely be replaced before release.

looking for another UT99 city map..

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: looking for another UT99 city map..

Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014, 01:43

Sorry to start an entire thread for this, but I'm at a loss here.

I'm looking for a rather old city-style map for UT99. And again, I forgot the name, but for some reason I remember it was something rather long I believe, and probably starting with A or B or C as I remember it being close to the top of the map list. But anyway...It was a really small city map. Probably about 2 to 4 players. All it was, was a few building rooftops you could run around on and some little bridges/catwalks connecting some of the buildings. It used stock textures, and mainly the city textures featured in the City Intro level. I remember there was some weird border wall all around the outside of the map, and looking down was just black, where you'd fall and die immediately. Reminded me a bit of DM-Crane I suppose, just a lot smaller. I don't know why but I remember this being really fun for some reason and I'd like to try and find it again. I sat on mapraider for an hour going through page after page of DM maps trying to find it with no luck. Oh yeah, it's a deathmatch map I'm pretty sure.

Oh well, hope this helps or someone knows what I'm talking about. Again, it's gotta be quite old, as I remember playing this on my Win98 or WinXP machine years and years ago...

P.S. On another note, I'm looking for some really good assault maps to play, so if anyone knows some good AS maps, post em here so this thread ain't entirely useless :P
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Subject: Re: looking for another UT99 city map..

Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014, 02:10

Shivaxi wrote:I sat on mapraider for an hour going through page after page of DM maps trying to find it with no luck.

Oh man I can relate XD I hate it when that happens because I just can't pull myself away. "Must. Keep. Searching."

Unfortunately the description of your map doesn't ring any bells for me. How old do you think it was? If we're talking relatively recent it might be a 300k level?
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar evilgrins
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014, 06:45

DM-BDC-NYC-2099

This it?

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 03 Feb 2014, 19:37

@TIK: Probably about 10 years old-ish? Around there.

@evilgrins: No I don't think that's it, thanks though.
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

Themisto
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 05 Feb 2014, 12:32

Dang, Im also on the look out for a couple of ut99 maps.
One was a CTF featuring 2 towers in canyons, I think it had an awesome custom music
and the other was a ginormously huge DM map set on some kind of facility. It was absurdly gigantic and had alot of details.

User avatar Carbon
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014, 06:17

Check you PMs gentlemen.