Scout-kun is a lie... right?

How to turn on S3TC

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject: How to turn on S3TC

Post Posted: 22 Mar 2008, 19:39

I just installed Totally Unreal \o/ again and... well... I wanted to play with S3TC, so I copied the textures over, and then went into my preferences, but I can't find the S3TC thingy in there under OpenGL..did I miss something?? :?
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 22 Mar 2008, 20:52

Are you using one of the newest OpenGL.dlls available? You should just run the game and see it in the preferences menu under OpenGL if you are.

Otherwise, try copying the values into your UnrealTournament.ini under OpenGL.OpenGLRendererDevice or whatever it is that you find here:

http://www.hellscrag.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=586

User avatar zYnthetic
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject:

Post Posted: 23 Mar 2008, 01:59

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 24 Mar 2008, 14:21

the problem i had had to do with the entries in the ini file under opengl. For some reason it wasn't complete... :(
(even after copy of the new dll)

Got it to work fine under UGold tho.. I haven't tested it under UT after that, since I was in a hurry.

Thanks for your help tho!

Actually.. i thought it would look great.. but on my widescreen 1650x1024, it doesn't look that 'wonderful'.. it's still kinda blocky when you look at the textures closely. Is that just me, or did I forget to configure a few settings?
Oh.. and my animated stuff (water) is really fast.. how do i slow that down to normal speed?
Never trust a Dutchman in a tulip fight.