A random sentence for a random mind.

Finished Dejavu

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar pl1982
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: Finished Dejavu

Post Posted: 26 Apr 2014, 12:46

Really awesome. Thank you to all the mappers of old for making it. I don't think the SP review of 70% does it justice; it should be more like 85%. It really is very well done. The pacing, maps and balance is of very high quality. And indeed of all the campaigns I have played this is the closest to Unreal/RtNP in terms of atmosphere, pacing and aesthetics (which is of course what the team was shooting for). I also didn't really have a problem with there not being much of a story (I don't even know if I recovered the artifact or not haha) since Unreal and RtNP are not remembered for their stories I believe, but for the journey of traversing Na Pali. That being said, I do agree that perhaps (especially towards the end) a bit more effort in the narrative department to at least neatly wrap things up would have been good. The sub-plots though were very well done and appreciated. Overall, an immensely rewarding and authentic Unreal experience; thank you again for it (for any of the old mappers still reading this).

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: Finished Dejavu

Post Posted: 26 Apr 2014, 13:04

There was no artifact.
ImageImage