Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

Illumination kills me

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Illumination kills me

Post Posted: 20 May 2014, 03:42

Does anyone know why I suddenly can't complete the "Illumunation" level in Unreal without surviving? I don't remember this level ever killing me before, but for some reason in oldskool, it does. Right after the moment when everything glows white and the generator disappears, I die. It also looks like I'm in the void when I die. I've tried standing in every place thinkable in the map when the generator blows, but with no luck.

Is this an oldskool bug? I don't remember ever seeing it before.
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

User avatar Delacroix
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: Illumination kills me

Post Posted: 21 May 2014, 05:29

UT 436 or 451? Also, try replacing ExtremeDGen.unr with ExtremeDarkGen supplied with the 227 patch (just copy the file and rename it or something), maybe it'll help. It's some sort of fixed build. I honestly don't know if it'll help, I'm clueless here.
I am the Unreal archivist and historian. If you have something from the past of Unreal that I don't have, do tell.

User avatar evilgrins
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 21 May 2014, 18:36

Lightning Hunter wrote:Does anyone know why I suddenly can't complete the "Illumunation" level in Unreal without surviving?

As you grow older you start to notice you're not as good as you were in your youth.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Post Posted: 22 May 2014, 00:02

Don't know why that's happening, but I'm sure you could work around it by going into ghost mode for a few moments.
Life is what you make of it.

radios
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 22 May 2014, 02:59

right after you get down from the lift, you have to run to the door that opened up, and go to the back. it's the radiation that kills you, you are sheltered in that small hallway :)

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 22 May 2014, 07:23

Well, I found out that it's a bug with the Unreal:Enhanced mutator by Usaar33 (it adds ONP footstep sounds among other things). I forgot I had it enabled. I'm not sure why this mutator causes this bug, but it is impossible to survive illumination with it enabled. Maybe I'll dig around the code to see why it's happening.

evilgrins wrote:
Lightning Hunter wrote:Does anyone know why I suddenly can't complete the "Illumunation" level in Unreal without surviving?

As you grow older you start to notice you're not as good as you were in your youth.

Haha, very true. Unreal seems to be the exception for me so far, since I can still beat it using the Limbo Difficulty mutator. However, I am horrible at these new games coming out. I guess I haven't practiced them much though.
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.