Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

Sound Effects Distorted

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Doublez-Down
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Sound Effects Distorted

Post Posted: 16 Jul 2016, 23:18

I seem to remember seeing a fix for this a while back but can't seem to find it now.

My sound effects, including the GUI screen are distorted for some reason. The music is fine though. Anyone had this issue and remember seeing a fix for it? All other games work fine.
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse

yrex
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Subject: Re: Sound Effects Distorted

Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016, 17:48

Try changing UseDirectSound or increasing Latency (assuming you use Galaxy).
e-mail: ampoyrex at wp dot pl

User avatar zYnthetic

Post Posted: 18 Jul 2016, 18:36

I think I fixed this for 7Bullets and also managed to increase the sound quality with the following: under Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem change
Latency=72
OutputRate=48000Hz
EffectsChannels=32

While the sound system is pretty light I do think it's default latency of 40 is too low when it comes to running the game with anything other than default renderers. The increased load, while not noticeable on a modern pc, is enough to cause problems for the audio system.

Doublez-Down

Post Posted: 19 Jul 2016, 01:13

I wasn't able to make all of those changes, maybe due to my on board soundcard, but changing the ones I was able to seems to have fixed it for now, thanks!
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse