A random sentence for a random mind.

Improved Seven Bullets concept

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: ividyon, Semfry, zYnthetic

Yhe1
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior
Posts: 62
Joined: 14 Oct 2009, 08:20

Subject: Re: Improved Seven Bullets concept

Post Posted: 31 Jul 2016, 08:06

Sorry to bring this up here, but how is residual decay development going? Thanks!

User avatar AndryxaXP
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior
Posts: 87
Joined: 10 Aug 2011, 21:35
Location: Moldova

Subject: Re: Improved Seven Bullets concept

Post Posted: 18 Dec 2016, 12:01

Yhe1 wrote:Sorry to bring this up here, but how is residual decay development going? Thanks!


It is unknown. It all depends on the work zynthetic & mr. prophet

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader
Posts: 2872
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 23:30
Location: Long Island, New York

Subject: Re: Improved Seven Bullets concept

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016, 02:35

I was hoping to have a three map demo of Residual Decay's first episode done over the summer, but it's been hard enough to juggle priorities in my life as it is. I've honestly had stretches of several months fly by when I don't even think of the site. I thought about just releasing the first two levels before Christmas but since I don't have the time to do that I will just hope that I will have some time next year to complete the third map so I can get some testing done. And then you guys (and gals) can play some new mappage from me.

Some people in the community have already played very early builds of some of the levels, not knowing what it was they were playing.
Image

User avatar Kajgue
N-Team Leader N-Team Leader
Posts: 246
Joined: 12 Nov 2007, 18:07
Contact:

Subject: Re: Improved Seven Bullets concept

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016, 04:27

Wish you well Proph.

Might not be the best suggestion, but caffeine + some kind of energy drink (like red bull) has a great tendancy of boosting productivity. Maybe if you are able to manage a sensible intake of it, it might help you get things moving.

The reason I go so far to suggest something like that (although not the most healthy of options if you don't maintain a moderate intake of it), is because personally it's actually given me the energy to do alot of things that I want to do, despite the difficulties that are going on in my life at the moment.

But it might be helpful to me particularly because I also suffer from 'ADD', and it's an alternative stimulant to very potentially dangerous medication (Ritalin), which I've heard alot of bad stories about.

Not trying to encourage you into being addicted to something, just mean if it's done in moderation.

Hope you manage to find the time to finish up the demo + RD, Proph!
N-Team leader
The Silver Blades clan chief
Image

User avatar Twisted
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior
Posts: 73
Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 04:29
Location: Classified

Subject: Re: Improved Seven Bullets concept

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016, 19:02

I hope there's plans to use the Community SDK for custom effects.
"That, children, is why you don't rob people [u]that you know![/u]" - Michael Townley.

User avatar UBerserker
Nali Priest Nali Priest
Posts: 7519
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 21:00
Contact:

Subject: Re: Improved Seven Bullets concept

Post Posted: 19 Dec 2016, 19:48

Mister_Prophet wrote:I was hoping to have a three map demo of Residual Decay's first episode done over the summer, but it's been hard enough to juggle priorities in my life as it is. I've honestly had stretches of several months fly by when I don't even think of the site. I thought about just releasing the first two levels before Christmas but since I don't have the time to do that I will just hope that I will have some time next year to complete the third map so I can get some testing done. And then you guys (and gals) can play some new mappage from me.

Some people in the community have already played very early builds of some of the levels, not knowing what it was they were playing.


Those playership.utx maps you let me and other people test them? I was kinda wondering what was that all about unless they were actually Residual Decay stuff. I had a private chat with Zyn regarding some of RD's history some month ago.

The time in the Unreal community of releasing long campaigns after the work on them is completely done is now long gone, not feasible anymore. Releasing something before it's too much late is frankly right now better than never. Both EXU2 packs did this, Resurgence did this. People will download and play anything new that gets released here.

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader
Posts: 2872
Joined: 11 Nov 2007, 23:30
Location: Long Island, New York

Subject: Re: Improved Seven Bullets concept

Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016, 05:10

Twisted wrote:I hope there's plans to use the Community SDK for custom effects.


Nope!

UBerserker wrote:Those playership.utx maps you let me and other people test them? I was kinda wondering what was that all about unless they were actually Residual Decay stuff.


Yep! Er, I believe so...anyway.
Image

Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest