A random sentence for a random mind.

Xidia Gold Question

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

Doublez-Down
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Xidia Gold Question

Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016, 01:02

At the end of the first map, after I kill the Skaarj and press the button, it goes to the cutscene, says "emergency containment field active" the screen goes black and just stays there. I can still hear the dripping water and everything, but the map doesn't change. Am I missing something?
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse

User avatar zYnthetic

Subject: Re: Xidia Gold Question

Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016, 01:19

Try checking the log. My guess is you're missing something required to load the next map. The fade to black effect covers up any load errors you'd normally see in game.

User avatar Jet v4.3.5
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016, 01:30

Oh no, this is an old bug. The teleporter to the next map is either activated or moved down into the room after the fade to black. The problem, however, is that the radius is just small enough that if you're pressed up against the button and panel, you'll be outside of its range and won't travel to the next map. Since your controls are frozen, there's no way to remedy this without reloading, then stepping back from the button panel once you've pressed it so that you're in the middle of the room where the teleporter can touch you.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

Doublez-Down

Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016, 16:16

Thanks Jet. Damn I don't remember Xidia being this tough. My reflexes must be getting slow in my old age.
I swear to god this forum isn't going to evaporate into ether within the next hour or so. - Bug Horse