Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

What is your "Run Count"?

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: What is your "Run Count"?

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017, 00:47

This is a "just for the heck of it" topic for all of us regular Unreal/UT players. For fun, open up "UnrealTournament.ini" or "Unreal.ini" using notepad, and look for the line "RunCount=" (under Engine.Engine). How many times have you run UT or Unreal on the current install?

I was rather surprised to see my copy of UT99 at 11,543 times ran - which makes me realize how long it has been since I last reinstalled UT. Most of those times I launched the game had to do with testing the high-res skins, RTNP:UE, and other such projects. I'm sure other project developers will have a high run count as well. For casual players, I expect that number to be much lower!
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: Re: What is your "Run Count"?

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017, 06:07

18,014 holy hell hahahaha

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017, 07:39

Haha. Extensive EXU testing, eh?

User avatar editor Dave
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017, 13:08

I was surprised to only see - compared to your entries - a meager 470 runs on my laptop, which I own for six years now. Well, it tells that a) my motivation had met its downside between 2012 and 2016 (apart from a straight 3-month mapping streak in 2015 which resulted in an ongoing, by doctors unidentifyable wrist pain) b) I do have seperate machines to map on (I can post the run count for my desktop PC next weekend; I expect it to be higher) c) being purely concerned about level design most of the time, I probably have to test less things ingame than you guys.

I might as well have replaced my UT.ini once, but I cannot remember exactly...
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017, 14:49

Lightning Hunter wrote:Haha. Extensive EXU testing, eh?

Quite. And I think this install is extremely old -- it's made its way from PC to PC, hard drive to hard drive, a fair few times... but otherwise remained intact. It must be 15-17 years old by now.

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2017, 16:06

Buff Skeleton wrote:
Lightning Hunter wrote:Haha. Extensive EXU testing, eh?

Quite. And I think this install is extremely old -- it's made its way from PC to PC, hard drive to hard drive, a fair few times... but otherwise remained intact. It must be 15-17 years old by now.

That's the same story with me. When I get a new HD or reinstall windows, I only use the installation CD to create registry info (for file associations), then I replace the whole UT folder with my existing mega 60GB UT folder. :lol:

User avatar FXANBSS
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017, 03:48

Dunno, but according to my UnrealTournament.ini:

Code: Select all

RunCount=6793

I play the game daily.
I think it must be over 10000 because of extensive "stupid mod by FXAN" testing. (literally 300 runs because "FXAN trying to fix his sh*t from its own custom map/mutator again")
Once I accidentally deleted my entire UT files because of setup.exe :lol:, so it reseted and i had to reinstall the game again (the 20 GB of mods remained :D (most files are cache I extracted?)) (I installed some cracked version, spanish thing, garbage (I already had the original v432 GOTY discs, but I didn't use them)).

Actually, now I'll reset everything with a far better UT I've been Configuring for weeks already, so I'll also reset my RunCount for respect to my new UT99 (now 100% from my discs + tweaks, besides I just noticed that three different languages are inside those discs, interesting).
I'm not sure if i used some UnrealTournament.ini backup when the current one was deleted, the answer will remain unknown...
First time I played I was a 1 year old kid, so that's very long ago, and that also explains why I did broke UT all time. :P :P
I grant you the ultimate power!