A random sentence for a random mind.

Skaarj Officer in Glathriel Village = Bug?

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject: Skaarj Officer in Glathriel Village = Bug?

Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017, 06:28

Has anyone ever noticed there is a Skaarj Officer in Glathriel Village that seemingly has a filtering bug? The Officer appears in lower difficulties with an ASMD at the very end of the map, while a Skaarj Gunner appears instead at higher difficulties with less health and a Stinger. I never even knew there was a Skaarj Officer in Glathriel, since I never played RTNP in lower skills. Obviously, this must be a bug since the developers would not have placed a more difficult Skaarj Officer in lower skills.

I can't believe I never noticed this during the production of RTNP:UE, even when updating it for v1.1. I always felt the Skaarj Gunner at the very end of the map was annoying (the way you are cornered if you jump down the ladder), but a Skaarj Officer must be even more annoying for low-skill players!
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Subject: Re: Skaarj Officer in Glathriel Village = Bug?

Post Posted: 18 Jul 2017, 21:26

RTNP production value keeps delivering surprises to this day!
ImageImage

User avatar editor Dave
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: Skaarj Officer in Glathriel Village = Bug?

Post Posted: 19 Jul 2017, 15:15

Maybe they thought the aim of ASMD firing Skaarj would be so much worse than that of a Stinger? They are barely able to hit you even on Medium, while you could accidentally walk way easier into stinger shards while moving around. Or... they just didnt think about it at all. ^^
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565