Could be asleep, typing random messages instead.

need packages 'cytizen' & 'doorssnd'

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar editor Dave
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: need packages 'cytizen' & 'doorssnd'

Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017, 10:15

Thank you for your detailed answer! Yeah, there is nothing more annoying than being forced to take a break because of some missing files. Apart from that, this sounds like not my cup of tea since I prefer staged fights and unconventional gameplay or visual elements - unless for some interest in obscurities. This release in the shadows seems just as obscure - how did you find this pack anyway? Did you just browse through the oldunreal-download list or is there a release thread somewhere? Maybe I am just too dumb to use the search engines properly...
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

Ironword
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 08 Sep 2017, 23:45

editor Dave wrote:I prefer staged fights and unconventional gameplay or visual elements

Same here. Indeed, when I play stuff like this pak I usually make up my own story for it, even writing out the paragraph, and then I ignore in-game messages that contravene my framework. Makes the humdrum mapping a little more bearable.

how did you find this pack anyway

See this thread's original post... ;)

Actually, it's a fairer question than it seems. The main sites still running are of course OldUnreal, http://unrealarchives.com/, and http://www.unrealtexture.com/Unreal/Web ... erMaps.htm (and I think that http://www.celticwarriors.net/Website/D ... erMaps.htm is just a mirror of unrealtexture--it has the exact same type of layout). But about a year ago I did a massive search for all the coop/UTSP levels I could possibly find, and in obscure corners of the web ran across a few not available at the three biggies. I've lost track of these other sites, but one of them was German--actually a forum where people were posting new levels, IIRC, and I stumbled through some downloads there with the help of Babylon. A few days ago I tried to find that site again and couldn't. So there are a few oddments I've collected that aren't on the three main sites still up.

A case in point is theGorthos--see my recent thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4217 . In order to solve the problem myself I also tried to relocate the site from which I acquired that one, and I couldn't find the pack anywhere despite about 15 minutes of different types of web searches. Well, at least I've got it in my hot little hands--though if nobody replies with the packages I asked about in the thread (and it doesn't look as if that's going to happen), fat lot of good it'll do me. :P

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017, 02:52

If you guys get it working, reupload it please. I can't download Chamtex.utx
M'nali

Ironword

Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017, 03:33

Here are all the custom (not UT) resources necessary for running the pack: Strange_Places-UnrResources.zip. The link should stay good for about 3 months.

User avatar editor Dave
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017, 09:08

Ironword wrote:
editor Dave wrote:how did you find this pack anyway

See this thread's original post... ;)

Thats why I suggested the oldunreal-Search, and indeed, you only found the pack by browsing through those lists. It is just that I would have liked to know more about it. Looking at the map dates, the release seems to have been in 2014, but where? How did your cited sites get hands on the pack? Was it just some clan-release that was made public this way? I guess you cannot answer that question anymore, but I found it surprising that it did not get a mention here, for example. If there only was a readme inside!

The German site that you found was probably unrealed.info - I am a member there since 2007. I can help you translate some stuff if babylon doesnt get you further!

Though, I cannot help in theGorthos case since I probably am too new in the international scene. :B
Prisons of the Unforchers Retold - more info: https://www.unrealsp.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4565

Ironword

Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017, 10:01

I guess you cannot answer that question anymore

All too true.

If there only was a readme inside!

Yes, it's frustrating not to have the information.

I can help you translate some stuff if babylon doesnt get you further!

Thanks for the offer. Much appreciated. If I need help I'll be sure to ask.

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 09 Sep 2017, 18:36

Ironword wrote:Here are all the custom (not UT) resources necessary for running the pack: Strange_Places-UnrResources.zip. The link should stay good for about 3 months.

Thank
M'nali

Previous