Birds fly. Sun shines. And brother? Brutes shoot people.

[SOLVED] How to specify gametype with open map?

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: [SOLVED] How to specify gametype with open map?

Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017, 10:45

I once asked this before (and received a working answer) but I can't find it (search doesn't help at all).

The problem I have at this moment is that I want to play Interloper on Hard. (only Interloper, I don't want to restart from First Day)
I tried to use UB's combiner First Day-Interloper and then hoped to start from ONP-map10AmbushX.unr using the Xenome entry in oldskool. Unfortunately when choosing that gametype, there are no maps to choose from and I would have to start Xenome from the first map of First Day.
I then tried using the custom map system but there there was no list of maps to choose from.

I then used open map with ONP-map10AmbushX.unr and changed the difficulty but then the map starts with only the DP available, not pleasurable with the Brutes, Krall and Skaarj around (the jump in difficulty from Medium to Hard is large).

So: my specific question is: how do I specify the gametype when opening map with open map?

open ONP-map10AmbushX.unr? difficulty=2? gametype= ???

I've searched the internet for a list of commands with open map - but no luck.

BTW it would be nice to have a separate entry in OldSkool to start Interloper so I searched on how to make a file similar to the XenomeFD.u) but UnrealEd won't open that.
So my next question is: which program should I use to make that stuff and is there documentation somewhere?

edit at 12:43: it seems something was wrong with oldskool or my whole Unreal Tournament installation. A reinstall in c:/Unreal Tournament solved it. Now I can choose custom ONP maps and start any map from Xenome.
Still I'ld like to now the way to open a map with a specific gametype.

new edit at 12:43 and later again: corrected tons of spelling mistakes, I think I also need a reinstall :oops:
Last edited by salsaSkaarj on 21 Sep 2017, 00:26, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar SteadZ
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Re: How to specify gametype with open map?

Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017, 12:46

open onp-map10ambushx?game=olextras.tvcoop?difficulty=3

Something along those lines should do the trick (obviously adjust the difficulty to whatever it is you want to play at :P )

See what you mean about searches being hard though, I had to delve into a forum post from 2005 to find that out :O

SZ

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017, 13:06

olextras.tvsp for SP
Although the olextras gametype for ONP/Xenome/Xidia/7B does immediately take over even if you don't type the gametype stuff for opening a map. At least for me this happens, I just open a map from those packs with a difficulty and they appear with the correct gametype. EXU2 gametype does this too.
ImageImage

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017, 14:11

Thanks SteadZ and UB.
yeah, the tvcoop /tvsp I had noticed (experience enough with my futile attempts at saving a game in Power Play :wink: )
So it's game and not gametype. And I didn't know the olextras also had to be mentioned.

Immediately copied this info in a document for later reference.