A random sentence for a random mind.

I just tried to replay Unreal...

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Anreel
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: I just tried to replay Unreal...

Post Posted: 27 May 2018, 20:16

To celebrate the 20th anniversary. I was having fun until that 6 ball level, it was so confusing, I was going back and forth many times until said f*ck it and used the ghost cheat, but even then I couldn't find where the heck I was supposed to go next. F*ck the 90s! LMAO Thank you for the music, but no thank you. Back to Rocket League.

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Subject: Re: I just tried to replay Unreal...

Post Posted: 27 May 2018, 23:40

6-ball? You mean Chizra?
M'nali

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 27 May 2018, 23:58

Chizra is historically the Unreal map where most people did continue or not. For sure, it was pretty bad design putting such a level early in the game. Unnecessary clusterfuck of mazes + underwater would be a banned combo nowadays.
ImageImage

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Post Posted: 29 May 2018, 21:27

We have fine walkthrough, you know!
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Anreel
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 30 May 2018, 22:33

Well, after the frustration passed I returned to it today. Now at Harobed Village. On my first play 20 years ago I missed the Dark Arena cellars and the Harobed Village itself.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Post Posted: 30 May 2018, 23:55

Anreel wrote:Well, after the frustration passed I returned to it today. Now at Harobed Village. On my first play 20 years ago I missed the Dark Arena cellars and the Harobed Village itself.

I hope you found the Harobed Village water cave this time?

Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Anreel
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 31 May 2018, 09:54

Hellscrag wrote:I hope you found the Harobed Village water cave this time?

Yes, I found it on my second play in 2008. It is one of my fav locations in Unreal - the village is nice, the semi hidden graveyard is even nicer and the hidden water cave is super cool.

User avatar Anreel
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 31 May 2018, 16:08

Damn I had forgotten how tough some of the mercenaries were!

User avatar Anreel
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 02 Jun 2018, 09:10

Halfway through the game I decided to use the full ammo cheat - it is more fun for me that way, na mean.

User avatar Anreel
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018, 15:11

Man Unreal is even darker than I thought, turns out interracial rape took place, and to think I used to like the Krall lol English is not my first language and I didn't know what taking liberties of someone meant 20 years ago. But in the good news, I just completed Bluff Eversmoking and didn't even get stuck! I mean u don't not get stuck if you don't know it by heart, but I didn't have to do a lot of backtracking.

User avatar Diego96
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018, 20:54

That escalated quickly...
M'nali

User avatar Anreel
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018, 21:00

Ok, it is done, took me 12 hours. I played for two reasons - to celebrate the 20th anniversary and to get away from the idiots in Rocket League. I like most of the levels, exceptions are the maze like levels - Chizra, Dasa Cellars, Mothership. I was excited to see the finale, but was surprised how tiny the spacebox was, I loved that shot back in the day on my old CRT monitor, I could not see the box at all whereas now on my 27 incher it looked like something from a PS1 game LOL I guess it is time to replay Thief? or check out the latest fan missions rather.

wfank
Pupae Pupae

Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018, 01:31

Chizara, I loved the map, it was complex and tough but an awesome place to explore. You have to get the "stick of six fires" aka 8 Balls Rocket Launcher, imo the most powerful weapon in the game (though limited ammo). Dont cheat, it kills all the fun. This is the map where the universal translator comes in most handy. I am not going to give a walkthrough as you can easily find it here, two crucial things you must do are bath in a special pool, getting their requires overcoming various riddles, skaars and sliths and after a thunderous sound and shake kill the skaarj warrior that emerged. Second, Then more tricks (see walkthrough), you get the 8 Balls and now the gate to the ceremonial chamber will open, dive in for next level. you can ghost there and then walk, level would change, but that will kill all the fun! So give it your best playing clean....

xRedStar
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018, 23:16

thinking back, I do seem to remember that the original Unreal campaign was a real doozy. I played enough online with other people to the point where I learned practically all the in's and out's of the campaign levels. I even know some tricks that have never been seen by like 98% of the community. There are probably some people who've looked at the level design over the years that have seen interesting triggers and object movers that couldn't be spotted ingame. But apart from them and some speed runners, I have never seen anyone utilize them.

User avatar Twisted
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018, 04:26

Unreal is known for it's levels that require constant backtracking and thinking to complete. That's what makes it one of the best games of the '90s, alongside Doom and Quake.

Those were the glory days, before Halo and Call Of Duty ruined everything.

Next