A random sentence for a random mind.

Spatial fear

For gameplay advice and broader discussion of single-player Unreal including custom maps, mods and mutations that alter the game.

Moderators: Semfry, ividyon

User avatar Raven
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Subject: Spatial fear

Post Posted: 16 Apr 2009, 18:11

Does anyone have spatial fear but not as installer? It seems that whatever I do installer crashes with some wired error :(. I've tried to find Spatial Fear in zip (rar/7z) but everywhere is damn setup.
Madness, as you know, is like gravity…all it takes is a little push!
http://turniej.unreal.pl/portfolio

User avatar Darkon
White Tusk White Tusk

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Apr 2009, 18:23

Moved to Gameplay.

Unfortunately I dont have it in folders/files. Isn't it a windows installer file or something? Do you have other problems with installs..? (maybe you could download the installer engine at M$... just as last resort..)

What is the error actually?

User avatar Raven

Subject:

Post Posted: 16 Apr 2009, 18:30

Error msg is:

"Internal Error 2343"

I think it's because I have Win 7 x64 and installer doesn't support 64-bit OS. It's very strange because even damn old Miranda 0.6x works fine as well as all ancient games from Win 9x era.

agrund
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject: Spatial Fear

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2009, 00:07

Yeah. I too would like an archive of the Spatial Fear mod. The 1.2 version installer had a bug of sorts which gives the install error mentioned. This didn't happen with the 1.1 version of the installer. I have been unable to find an archive version of the 1.2 files, just the installer.

The problem may be with registry entries - quote of a thread on this 'several registry entries were present containing the full path to the UT installation and exe. On the 98se PC where the installer failed, those registry entries do not exist. I think that maybe the absence of the UT registry entries caused the installer to fail on that PC. So people experiencing tha installer failure might try re-installing UT to rebuild those registry entires then running the installer. "

unquote - don't ask me anything else, I use Macs only. I have run the 1.1 installer on a PC w/o problems. Haven't tried the mod on my Mac yet. Busy with other things right now. Hope this info helps to at least explain the problem. Anyone have a nice compressed archive containing all of the 1.2 version files? Would be great.

Al

User avatar Lightning Hunter
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2009, 00:28

Here you go:
http://filebeam.com/a345c867c037cfae639a6270582fd90b

I had trouble with the installation file a long time ago as well, so I made a .rar version for my own collection. You should just have to extract this to the Unreal Tournament folder and everything will go to the right spots. Let me know if there are any problems. Ignore the incorrect spelling of the archive, btw. :B
For High-Res Unreal skins, click here.
For the RTNP "Ultimate Edition" HD, click here.

agrund
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2009, 05:21

LH to the rescue again. Thanks much.

Al

User avatar Raven

Subject:

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2009, 09:51

Thank you :)