Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

[usp] [ut] New Déjà Vu review

Legacy news previously posted on UnrealSP.org.
User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2009, 18:55

I don't even remember what changes were made to my map between the first and second version. I do know that someone toned down the difficulty for the 2nd installment and that I never really had the time (unfortunately) to properly fix the map up as much as I would have liked.

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2009, 18:58

I actually really like these speedmaps because they give you something to do within a constrained timeframe (which is part of the fun) and they force you to make something to a scale you can actually achieve. When you make your own large-scale map pack and announce it, it's so easy to drift off target and not get any work done.

I'd be interested in doing another 6-weeker or even a 3-weeker map after this contest is over, but I'm definitely going to do one that's less geometrically ambitious next time :p

User avatar Mister_Prophet
Red Nemesis Leader Red Nemesis Leader

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2009, 19:04

I would be up for another as well, although after this one I need to focus on RD a little more. I admit, the vacation was nice :o

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Subject:

Post Posted: 14 Jul 2009, 19:26

I don't think we should do these constantly, but they certainly seem to catalyse activity as an occasional thing - one worth doing again at some point, I would agree.
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject:

Post Posted: 15 Jul 2009, 18:09

Hellscrag wrote:I don't think we should do these constantly, but they certainly seem to catalyse activity as an occasional thing - one worth doing again at some point, I would agree.

As a catalyst fine, but interest in the other mappacks being developed should not be lost (please).

Previous