UnrealSP.org, now with 100% more Web 2.0!

[usp] ...and it's goodbye from me!

Legacy news previously posted on UnrealSP.org.
User avatar StalwartUK
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Subject: Re: [usp] ...and it's goodbye from me!

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011, 20:18

Well good luck and have fun. It's been a pleasure having you here. :tup:
StalwartUK

User avatar lowenz
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 18 Jan 2011, 21:35

Hellscrag, the honor was our.
Both the man of science and the man of action live always at the edge of mystery, surrounded by it - J.R.O.
Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody sees - E.S.

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011, 05:03

Scragybabes you are such an eloquent bastard :P I'll just limit myself to.... Good luck with everything, and thanks so much for everything else!
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar NicolasEymerich
Skaarj Warrior Skaarj Warrior

Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011, 05:22

Scrag... Mike... words don't really come in handy right now. Except thanks, of course. Thanks for everything. I'm sure this is only one of the things that will make you proud one day.
Let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of psychokinetic energy in the New York area. According to this morning's sample, it would be a Twinkie thirty-five feet long, weighing approximately six hundred pounds.

User avatar jackrabbit
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011, 05:37

:cry: another one bites the dust...

Kaka
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011, 14:47

Good luck, and thanks for UnrealSp.org.

User avatar Raven
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 19 Jan 2011, 17:36

Thanks for keeping this site up and running for all those years! Best wishes and good luck :tup:
Madness, as you know, is like gravity…all it takes is a little push!
http://turniej.unreal.pl/portfolio

Leo(T.C.K.)
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011, 02:10

Goodbye Scrag. You will be missed. I still don't truly get why you left it, even though you feel to move on, but is it all that you told us?

I know I have been a source of worries for you in some times, during my outbursts in the forums years back and I apologize for that once again. I still don't understand how some of the stuff happened to this day and some things I said, looking back it just kind of hurts and I realize I was wrong, even though I was pushed a lot.

I believe I am more profesional in behavior once again and that my unstable behavior is largely past now. Even though some still think I brind in too much drama at times. This time when I bring some "drama" it is more justified though I believe and isn't just plain raging. And I believe I handled the situations recently well, especially given how serious some were. Some might not agree, but that's just your opinion.

I wonder if Delacroix is ok since he wasn't active since new year, all I know is that he went for a date. Maybe he found a new purpose of life as well and that's good, but the worse is that before that he often thought of suicide.

XYZ8000
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011, 10:33

Thank you for the time and dedication you poured into this community. I hope that you'll still check the forums and be active, even if not on a regular basis.

User avatar zacman
Skaarj Warlord Skaarj Warlord

Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011, 16:08

Cya Hellscrag, you will be missed I'm sure. USP was one of the main inspirations to get me mapping, And it was here that I actually learned to enjoy the SP gametype (My only previous SP experience at that point being Unreality) But I guess people move on and things change. I wish you all the best in your top secret endevour :lol:

ImageImage

Code: Select all

(11:32:26) Shivaxi: i love fat girls

Code: Select all

(03:01:24 PM) <+All_Rights_Reserved> i'm not masturbating

User avatar Anreel
Skaarj Lord Skaarj Lord

Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011, 17:19

Unreal will live forever \o/

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Post Posted: 20 Jan 2011, 22:19

Thank you for the kind words, everyone.
Life is what you make of it.

User avatar Legendslayer222
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011, 18:17

Goodbye, and thank you for the best site on the internet. (And thanks to everyone else who helped along the way!)

I'll miss strolling across the seaside which is in all your maps! :P
I live near the sea. :tup:

You will be missed! :cry:

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Post Posted: 21 Jan 2011, 18:44

Countdown to resurgence of Noaliat posts

User avatar Core
Skaarj Assassin Skaarj Assassin

Post Posted: 22 Jan 2011, 16:02

Bit late to the funeral, but ehm.. I blame a TCP traffic jam :P

I just wanted to say that you've managed to create a small but nice gaming/gamedev community here, which imo would've been probably bigger if Epic made successful follow ups to Unreal.

I guess at one point alot of us will be willing to, or have to abandon one's intrest in a certain game/fan project or even gaming in general, especially if it's not something related to what you're doing or planning to do for the living. Counts even more for a game this old, You just can't stick with it forever with the same intensity, that'd be rather illogical. That of course, doesn't necessarily mean the end of this community.

I've been visiting this site quite regularly since the release of 7Bullets to check on new releases and updates on upcoming projects, eventhough I only registered lately, mainly because co-op wasn't really an aspect for concideration here for a long time. As for the BFNP failure, I recall that a couple of months ago, Turboman stated in the chat that a significant amount of BFNP content has been reworked into Firestorm, so it won't be all in vain after all I suppose.

Your departure will be a major loss of quality (reviews/mapping/coördination..) for the SP community, but luckily there's still plenty of quality available around here to survive. You only have one life, so whatever you have planned for it, good luck with it and thanks for the service you have been offering this community for the last decade.

If the situation allows it, feel free to come and check things out every so many/few times a year or more, as others have mentioned.
If your success comes faster then that of some pending major releases out here, you probably won't be missing too much :wink:

good game :tup: .

Previous Next