ividyon will never get this done, will he.

[u1] Unreal Patch 227g released!

Legacy news previously posted on UnrealSP.org.
Smirftsch
OldUnreal Staff OldUnreal Staff

Subject: Re: [u1] Unreal Patch 227g released!

Post Posted: 16 Apr 2011, 22:14

To answer a few things here:

Classic+RTNP equals Gold, so the gold patch can be applied (Just read it can cause problems with the install on those, need to try again, but maybe it requires the Legend 226b patch before it can be applied).

The D3D9 startup problem is triggered by WindowedMode and seems to affect all versions of Unreal/UT when using UTGLR (no UTGLR bug, but its affected).
Either use OpenGL for now until 227h is ready, we'll hurry up with it (most of the problems currently reported are already fixed by now for the 227h release),or change in section:

[WinDrv.WindowsClient]
WindowedViewportX=640
WindowedViewportY=480

This should "fix" it for the moment too :)

nitin
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 02:17

Smirftsch,

Thanks for the reply. Will try out that d3d fix.

As for applying the Gold patch, I get an error at installation along the lines that Unreal Gold is not detected.

Smirftsch
OldUnreal Staff OldUnreal Staff

Post Posted: 17 Apr 2011, 10:37

did you try to apply the Legend patch first?
It looks for both RTNP and Classic files within one installation directory, so if this requirement isn't met, it won't install. Iirc the Legend patch does that.
If not, check that the UPak maps folder is below the Maps folder (Maps/UPak), the UPak textures in the Textures folder and the RTNP System files in the System folder. Then it should work.

nitin

Post Posted: 18 Apr 2011, 16:19

At the moment, Unreal is installed as c:\games\Unreal and RTNP as C:\Games\Unreal\RTNP.

Will try out your suggestion.

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011, 03:10

Is it possible to disable decals, and if so, how would I do it?

User avatar integration
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011, 08:30

Type in PREFERENCES in Console. Display->Decals. I know, that DispersionPistol Decal looks weird, when seeing it for the first time. But you will get used to it.

User avatar Tarydax

Post Posted: 19 Apr 2011, 14:50

integration wrote:Type in PREFERENCES in Console. Display->Decals.

Thanks!

I know, that DispersionPistol Decal looks weird, when seeing it for the first time. But you will get used to it.

I just think they look really out of place, and they look strange in fog especially. :/

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011, 12:00

Just installed 227g
Annoying bug: Everytime I load Unreal the windows XP mouse acceleration is also enabled. (This sometimes happens when using Ued for UT99 as well)
Is there any way to stop this?

btw, I'm loving the new Ued splash screen :lol:

edit: Annoying feature: Gibs have shadows. It's really ugly. I was playing vortex to get a feel for things this patch does, and when the guy gets gibbed by the skaarj behind the door, all the gibs had shadows. Is there a way to disable this? edit2: found it: disable decoration shadows. I take back what I said before, when you play with the ultra hi res shadows, the gibs don't look too bad, but when you enable blob shadows, they look like crap.

Also, while the new shadows are awesome, they produce major lag, is this normal? What are the hardware requirements for such settings?

Tentacles and that dangling electric wire look like crap regardless of shadow detail settings. The shadows they cast makes no sense at all.
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011, 16:28

The Unreal engine can't handle the shadows at such a high res, so it's best to leave em on low or medium res for the best performance. The shadow for the wire mesh DOES make sense, if you look at the mesh itself, there's 2 big sheets criss crossed on the end in order to make the flame effect for the electricity sparks shooting out...nothing that can be done about that unfortunately. :P

and what's wrong with the tentacle shadow? seems fine to me :?

EDIT:

as for the DP Decals...

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Tarydax

Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011, 16:43

Those decals are looking good! :tup:

Would they be a mutator, or would they actually replace the current ones? Would they be online compatible?

User avatar Jet v4.3.5

Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011, 16:48

Shivaxi wrote:and what's wrong with the tentacle shadow? seems fine to me :?

I know exactly what he's talking about. That wire one stands out quite a lot. It's like a random shadow without a logical light source to get it looking that way, and since it's attached to the ceiling (like the tentacle), it's completely out of place when there are no other shadows connecting to the wire/tentacle shadow from ceiling beams, and that would only be the case if there were light sources to produce such an effect.
ModDb Portfolio
"Bear," she cried. "I love you. Pull my head off."

User avatar Shivaxi
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011, 17:37

Teridax wrote:Those decals are looking good! :tup:

Would they be a mutator, or would they actually replace the current ones? Would they be online compatible?

These are the current decals in 227h that I made for Smirf, so when 227h is out, this is what they'll look like.
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/9950/shivavatar2.jpg Image

Waffnuffly: If there is any purpose for the god damned ocean, it is for us to eat it.
Jet_v4.3.5: I want to be Lincoln and kick Satan's ass. Emancipate and Proclimate on his ass.

User avatar Tarydax

Post Posted: 23 Apr 2011, 18:12

\o/

User avatar TheIronKnuckle
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw
Location: Riding my bicycle from the highest hill in Sydney to these forums

Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 02:40

Jet v4.3.5 wrote:
Shivaxi wrote:and what's wrong with the tentacle shadow? seems fine to me :?

I know exactly what he's talking about. That wire one stands out quite a lot. It's like a random shadow without a logical light source to get it looking that way, and since it's attached to the ceiling (like the tentacle), it's completely out of place when there are no other shadows connecting to the wire/tentacle shadow from ceiling beams, and that would only be the case if there were light sources to produce such an effect.

Yeah, this pretty much. Better job of putting it into words than me :P I'll take screenshots later if there's still confusion
ImageIgnorance is knowing anything
And only idiots know everything

nitin

Post Posted: 24 Apr 2011, 04:34

ok tried the Legend + Unreal gold patch, d3d still does not work with tip below. Freezes when I switch to 1920*1080 no matter what.

Open GL works, have disabled shadows as they are a little buggy.

Another small bug in opengl mode, brightness does not reset to regular desktop brightness on exit. Have to restart computer to get normal back.

Previous Next