Scout-kun is a lie... right?

[usp] April Fools: UnrealTournament99SP.Org officially live

Legacy news previously posted on UnrealSP.org.
User avatar ividyon
Administrator Administrator

Subject: [usp] April Fools: UnrealTournament99SP.Org officially live

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 16:52

Note: This was an April Fools joke poking fun at a common accusation that USP caters more to UT99 players than it does to the original Unreal's community.

The team of (previously) UnrealSP.Org is pleased to announce that the community's desire for a more accurately representation of USP's priorities has finally come to fruition. As the website never has and never will give any attention to map packs developed for the old and obsolete, original game in the Unreal series, the name "UnrealSP.Org" has always been a thorn in the eyes of many readers. This ends today!

The website is now known as UnrealTournament99SP.Org, delivering a refreshed mission statement and calling all Unreal Tournament '99 single player mappers to continue supporting UT99's thriving single-player community. Additionally, the Projects in Production and Upcoming Maps forums no longer accept projects made for any platform other than Unreal Tournament 99. The UT99SP.Org team hopes that these actions will clear up any lingering misunderstandings (such as "do you guys even care about Unreal?").

Please enjoy this new, successfully re-focused website!
UnrealSP.org webmaster & administrator

User avatar Buff Skeleton
>:E >:E

Subject: Re: [usp] UnrealTournament99SP.Org officially live

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 17:31

About damn time

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 17:32

DM-Peak has the most engrossing and cleverly-designed singleplayer campaign of anything made for this engine, hands down.

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 17:34

Also: the Pillar mesh (under TournamentDecoration, the only Decoration category worth using) is superbly modular and can complement any style of architecture in any number of ways. Mappers? Why aren't you filling your maps with pillars? Get with the program. Christ.
Last edited by Buff Skeleton on 01 Apr 2012, 21:23, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar Hellscrag
Founder Founder

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 19:19

It's good that you guys are finally being honest about what this site really stands for - something I could never quite bring myself to do when I was in charge.
Life is what you make of it.

UB_
Nali Priest Nali Priest

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 19:22

For some reasons I'm keep reading UnrealTournament9999 when I don't correctly face the screen
ImageImage

Maxer 64
Skaarj Berserker Skaarj Berserker

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 19:45

I like the thought, but at the same time, I hope this is a april fools day joke. If not, I still hope there is a Unrealsp.org along with the new UnrealTournament99SP.org ...
If you see this, I was a really dumb and stupid kid. Don't listen to the above.

Z-enzyme
White Tusk White Tusk

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 20:50

Hmpf, and I am making things for Unreal 227 now... Does that mean I should move to OldUnreal instead?

User avatar Pcube
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 21:23

Clearly, UnrealTournament99SP represents what has always been the superior development platform.

... and I turn 24 today. :) (no joke)

Edit: To further celebrate the absolute dominance of Unreal Tournament 99 as the greatest development platform known to man since cavemen developed rudimentary tools from flint, I present the following enhanced action-packed mappack DM-PeakRedux][.unr. Below is a sneak peek of the pack in its full glory, utilizing the latest in Pillar Technology:

Last edited by Pcube on 01 Apr 2012, 21:48, edited 1 time in total.
Coder/Mapper for the UDHQ Development Team

Check out the latest in Unreal 1 Development at the Unreal Development Headquarters -- Bringing new and exciting content to Unreal for over 5 years!
The UDHQ Website

User avatar []KAOS[]Casey

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 21:46

Every UT SP map ever uses content from Unreal 1Image
Half the threads on General Gameplay are about Unreal 1 content or related{betas} Image
Trolling everyone with Unreal 2 SP or UT3 SP would've been far more hilarious Image

User avatar Tarydax
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 21:51

Needs to be less critical of a simple April Fool's Day joke that wouldn't have been believable anyway. Image

User avatar Pcube
Banned Banned

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 21:55

Should probably be less critical of another post that probably wasn't very critical to begin with Image
Coder/Mapper for the UDHQ Development Team

Check out the latest in Unreal 1 Development at the Unreal Development Headquarters -- Bringing new and exciting content to Unreal for over 5 years!
The UDHQ Website

User avatar []KAOS[]Casey

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 22:00

There's actually a sticky about Unreal 1 content in General GameplayImage
The second sentence of the first paragraph of the newspost is a lieImage
Toonami on Cartoon Network last night was the best april fools day "joke" everImage
The following check mark has a remarkably similar color palette to Oldunreal.comImage
Unreal 1 only fans help UT fans whenever possible because we're knowledgeable and not assholes then this shitty low blow happensImage
I love checksImage
checkImagecheckImagecheckImagecheckImagecheckImagecheckImagecheckImagecheckImagecheckImagecheckImagecheckImagecheckImagecheckImagecheckImagecheckImagecheckImagecheckImagecheckImagecheckImagecheckImagecheckImagecheckImagecheckImagecheckImage

User avatar AlCapowned
Skaarj Elder Skaarj Elder

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 22:03

This is going well. :rolleyes:

Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012, 22:03

Pcube wrote:Clearly, UnrealTournament99SP represents what has always been the superior development platform.

... and I turn 24 today. :) (no joke)

Edit: To further celebrate the absolute dominance of Unreal Tournament 99 as the greatest development platform known to man since cavemen developed rudimentary tools from flint, I present the following enhanced action-packed mappack DM-PeakRedux][.unr. Below is a sneak peek of the pack in its full glory, utilizing the latest in Pillar Technology:

I'm glad to see some people are taking this as seriously as the situation demands. Thank you. This map... is a marvel. An artwork unworthy of words.

[Edit] Oh and happy birthday!
Last edited by Buff Skeleton on 01 Apr 2012, 22:05, edited 1 time in total.

Next