Did you know? Every one of these messages is hand-typed live, just for you.

[usp] 10 reviews added

Legacy news previously posted on UnrealSP.org.
User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Subject: Re: [usp] 10 reviews added

Post Posted: 04 Aug 2012, 09:40

NaPaliShore wrote:...
Just my $0.02....

And those $0.02 are priceless I think.
You nailed it \o/ (I think)

I am not at home now so I can't compare it but it seems that Delacroix's review is justifiable AND that I wasn't bullshitting. The coop version probably also explains the high stats for the enemies (I guess enemies in the SP version will have lower health).

Thanks NaPaliShore :tup:

Torquemada
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012, 16:18

salsaSkaarj wrote:BTW. Has anybody else played The Once Great Temple yet? I really want to know whether what I experience on that map is exactly how the map is?, or whether I've got some unknown mutator or something making it much, much too hard for me?

Downloaded from the link on the front page here today, and that was exactly my experience too: impossibly difficult. But I see NaPaliShore explained it.

Regarding Izn Nali, any chance of getting a spoiler for the locations of the hardest to find switches? (Delacroix?) I'm not a mapper and have never used the editor, so I'm not sure I can find them. (I wouldn't really have the time to start learning, either... :/ )

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 05 Aug 2012, 23:29

Torquemada wrote:Regarding Izn Nali, any chance of getting a spoiler for the locations of the hardest to find switches? (Delacroix?) I'm not a mapper and have never used the editor, so I'm not sure I can find them. (I wouldn't really have the time to start learning, either... :/ )

The switch to open the first room in the corridor is in the water on the right side (you may have to go there 2 or 3 times, so take only one flashlight each time). In that room you'll find the switch for the upper door (take care when entering that room).

Torquemada
Skaarj Scout Skaarj Scout

Post Posted: 06 Aug 2012, 07:28

OK, thanks. Now I still haven't found the switch for the large (Chizra style) door that's behind the plasma fall. Well, I got cheap/impatient and ghosted through :B but would be nice to know just for fun where it was. (The plasma curtain was no prob.)

User avatar salsaSkaarj
Gilded Claw Gilded Claw

Post Posted: 09 Aug 2012, 18:13

Torquemada wrote:OK, thanks. Now I still haven't found the switch for the large (Chizra style) door that's behind the plasma fall. Well, I got cheap/impatient and ghosted through :B but would be nice to know just for fun where it was. (The plasma curtain was no prob.)
Arrived home and looked at the review and realised that the location of the switches I gave, was for another map (can't remember the name).
AFAIR the door behind the lava (or plasma) fall opens when nearing it, but I'ld have to play again to be sure.

In the meantime I've downloaded the Marty map (aka as The Once Great Temple) and started it up. That is exactly as Delacroix described in his review. Piece of cake! One small disagreement abut the non-working cargo lift. I had 100 armour and 100 health and after dropping on the top box down the lift I still had 96 health and 67 armour. Considering the lack of opposition and the fact that the whole complex is in ruins (so the lift has probably been out of order for ages) I kind of like this small touch of making the player doubt on whether to chance the jump or not.

Previous